Chapter 9

A week later, I was pretty much settled in and used to life in London. I learned my way around pretty quickly because I went out almost everyday to look around since all of the boys were busy recording their new album and I only saw them sometimes at night when they came over here for dinner. Steph went out with me a lot and we picked out a ton of new clothes for me since I realized that I had actually left a lot at my mom's house and we both just needed something to do. Our cook had pretty much become my second mom. She cared for me and was there for me and I honestly loved her to pieces already. She was also teaching me how to bake and cook a ton of things which we were actually doing now.

"Okay, Ali, could you grab two pans and spray it so we can get this dough on here. I forgot to tell you the boys are coming today in about an hour and I need to make them and hide them all before Niall gets here and finds them," Steph said as she finished mixing up the dough for our chocolate chip cookies.

I laughed and grabbed the pans from one of the cabinets and put it on the table. Then I grabbed the spray for the pan and put it onto both of them. Once I finished, Steph began spooning small scoops of the dough onto the pan. I grabbed a spoon and started to help her with the other pan.

As we were putting the dough on the pan, I asked Steph, "Is dad coming home with the boys too?"

"Yeah, he is. I believe they were supposed to finish recording today and they all asked your dad if they could come over to have a celebration."

"Ooh, I can't wait to hear the new album. And I can't wait to see them, of course. Love those boys," I said with a small smile on my face.

Steph finished putting the dough on the pan and looked up at me with a big smile on her face to say, "Especially Niall, I bet."

Once that came out of her mouth, my face went bright red and quickly said, "What do you mean? We're just friends."

She got a really big and cheeky smile on her face. Uh oh. I said that too quickly for it to be believable, didn't I?

Steph teased me saying, "Don't let your dad see any flirting or anything tonight. He would never let anyone, especially a boy, get near his little girl that just came to him." While she said that she reached over and pinched my bright red cheek a little.

I grabbed both of the pans and put them into the oven and set the timer so we would remember when to take them out. "Why does everyone keep saying that we're flirting with each other?"

"Well, I can tell you that Niall really likes you. You know that night that they came over for dinner the first time last week, Niall told all the boys to find something else to do just so that he could take you out alone and get to know you better. That boy practically fell in love with you the moment you caught his eye."

"I can't believe he did that.. I mean, I'm no one special. Why would he love me?" I questioned.

Steph looked at me with a surprised look and said, "You know, I never would have thought I would ever quote one of their songs, but you don't know you're beautiful, honey."

Right before she said that, the front door opened and loud voices drifted into the house that I recognized as the boys. I smiled as Louis ran into the kitchen and screamed, "Who is singing our songs?!"

Steph gave him a weird look and said, "Oh I'm sorry honey, I didn't realize that I needed permission from you to say that first."

"Well, I guess I can let you off the hook, Steph, since you know, you're making cookies!" Louis screamed the last part as the timer went off and the cook reached into the oven and pulled out the two trays of cookies.