Chapter 4

"ALISON! GET UP NOW! YOU NEED TO START GETTING READY NOW!" My mother yelled at me from downstairs. Ugh, I really don't want to get up. I snuggled further into my covers because they were so warm and comfy. I heard my door being opened and ignored it. Suddenly my covers were ripped off my body and I moaned and curled my body into a ball. The person, who I'm guessing is my mother, grabbed me by my ankles and dragged me off of my warm bed. I landed on the floor which was pretty hard, with a loud thump. I curled back up into a ball and tried to go back to sleep. Why mom leave me alone? I heard laughing from two people so I guess Simon just came up to see what was going on. He walked over to me and crouched down.

"Alison, you need to get off the floor and get dressed. We're going to be leaving for the airport soon." Simon said softly. I slowly opened my eyes and looked up at him. I held my arms up for him to help me up and he lifted me back onto my feet.

"Fine. When do we leave?" I asked.

Simon said, "We leave in about an hour which is around 11."

"Okay, I'll be ready in like a half hour. Now get out so I can get dressed!" I said to my mom and Simon. They chuckled and walked out of my small room, shutting the door. Once they left, I walked into the bathroom and got a quick shower. I got out and pulled on a pair of dark blue skinny jeans and a white tank top. I slipped on my grey fuggs and a few bracelets. Then I grabbed my hair blower and dried my hair. I decided to leave it down in my natural waves today, which weren't too messy. I walked downstairs and saw mom, Dan and Simon sitting at the table. Before I went in the kitchen, I texted Hazel telling her to come over now. I went into the kitchen and piled my plate with pancakes that my mom had made. Simon looked a little surprised at the amount of food I had and mom just shook her head. I looked at mom and said, "Hazel coming over in like 10 minutes."

"Okay, that's fine. I can't wait to see her. She hasn't been around for a bit," my mom said. She adored Hazel. My friend was like her second daughter and mom always made sure to protect both of us as much as she could. Let's just say, never insult anyone close to my mother or else she will harm you. She loves us that much.

Once I finished my whole plate of pancakes, I heard the door being opened and Hazel walked into our kitchen. "Hey Marie! Hey Ali!" my best friend said smiling her head off. She practically ran over to my mom and tackled her in a hug. Then she came over to me and gave me a huge bear hug which I returned.

Once we were done with the hugs, I looked at Hazel and said, "Uh, Hazel, this is my dad." I smiled and motioned towards him. She walked right up to him and gave him a really big hug. Simon looked a bit surprised but hugged her back. I looked at them and said, "Dad, that's my best friend, Hazel."

When Hazel pulled away from the hug my dad said, "It's nice to meet you, Hazel."

"It's nice to meet you too, Mr. Cowell. Always dreamed of meeting you. Just never thought you'd be that girl's dad," Hazel said with a huge smile on her face.

"Oh, you can just call me Simon."

"Yay! I get to call you Simon!" Hazel yelled.

I groaned and said, "Hazel, no yelling. It's too early in the morning."

"Sorry, munchkin."

"Eh, it's okay. Let's go into my room." I started to go up to my room and heard Hazel following behind me. Once we got into my room, we both started crying and hugging each other. "Don't ever forget me, Hazel."

"How could I forget my munchkin? If anyone is being forgotten, it's going to be me when Simon introduces you as his daughter to everyone and you get famous!" Hazel said while giving a chuckle.

I laughed a little at that. I never really thought of it that way. Would I really be considered famous just because my dad is Simon Cowell?

For the next few minutes we just hugged each other and cried a bit. Just then dad opened up my door a little and said, "I'm really sorry, but we should get going if we want to catch our plane, Alison."

I sniffled and said, "Okay. I'm coming now." I gave Hazel another hug and then we both grabbed my bags and headed downstairs. Mom and Simon helped us get them into the car. Before I got in Hazel hugged me again.

She sniffled once and then handed me a wrapped box she had in her arms. "Open this when you get to England," she said. I nodded and thanked her.

Next was my mom. I hadn't seen her cry over the past two days, but now, all the tears were coming. We both looked at each other and then hugged each other as tightly as we could. "Stay safe, baby. Don't get into too much trouble and if you got your eye on any boys there, let me know. I want to be able to help my baby girl with any boy troubles she runs into," my mom said smiling and winking at the end.

I laughed and said, "Definitely, mom."

I hugged Dan next and whispered in his ear, "Take care of her, please."

He nodded his head and whispered back, "Always. Now go have some fun with your dad and don't forget us while you're there."

I got into the car and as we were driving away I smiled and waved at everyone again. They all waved back at me until we drove out of sight. Dad looked at me and said, "Don't worry, we'll have them visit soon."

I smiled and turned on the radio waiting until we got on the airport. On the way, I felt myself slowly becoming more and more tired until I finally slipped into sleep.