Chapter 10

"Dad, I'm going to go out for a bit. I'll be back soon," I called to my dad as I walked out the door.

"Be back before dinner! I'm having some of my co-workers over and I wanted to introduce you," he yelled back from the couch.

I closed the door andy walked over to the car where my dad's driver, Tom, was already standing. "Hey Tom," I smiling at him. He held my door open and I hopped in the front seat. Honestly, it's a good thing that Tom was here because if I drove this car, I'd probably crash it. I still wasn't used to cars driving the opposite way.

Tom smiled back at me and said, "Hello, Ali." He shut my door and walked around to his side of the car. "Where to?"

"Just to a mall, I guess. Just wanted to walk around for a bit. Maybe find a new friend or something," I replied to him. The driver nodded and pulled out of the huge driveway and into the street. We drove for about 20 minutes, just randomly talking before he pulled into the mall parking lot.

Tom and I got out of the car and he locked it. "You coming in, Tom?"

"Yes, my daughter's birthday is tomorrow and I haven't gotten her anything yet," he said.

"Oh, how old is she going to be?" I asked him.

He smiled and replied, "She's turning three."

"What's her name?"

"Abigail, but everyone calls her Abbie," Tom said as we walked inside the large building.

"I love that name," I said with a smile on my face. "Sounds kind of like Ali too."

Tom laughed a bit and said, "Yeah, it does."

"Well, I'm going to go look around. When I'm done, I'll call you," I said to Tom before walking off on my own. I passed a store called TopShop, so I went in to look around a little. A dark blue dress with some white lace around the middle caught my eye, so I went into the dressing room to try it on. Once I had it on, I looked in the mirror and immediately knew that I had to get the dress, even though I didn't normally wear them. I took it off and walked outside the dressing room. Next I began looking for some shoes to go with it. Heels were out of the question because I could barely walk in them. I spotted a pair of white flats that would go perfectly with the dress.

I walked up to the register and once the girl had finished ringing up my stuff, I paid her and walked out. After a few minutes of walking around, I passed a store named Jack Wills that I decided to walk into. I went into the back and saw a pink hoodie that said Jack Wills on it. I reached up onto the shelf and grabbed one, making sure it was the right size. I remembered that I had to also get an outfit tonight because I couldn't exactly meet the people dad worked with in sweatpants and a hoodie. I didn't really wear dresses, even though I had just bought one, so they were out. Instead, I looked around a little more and saw a white lace top that I really liked. That will work for tonight, I thought. I picked it up and walked up front.

As I gave my things to the guy, I noticed that he was pretty cute. As he rang up my hoodie and shirt, he said, "So what's your name?"

"Ali," I said giving him a small smile.

"A beautiful name for a beautiful girl," he said winking at me and I blushed bright red. "My name is Chris, by the way."

"Nice to meet you, Chris," I said as I paid him.

"Same here, Ali. Uh, could I possibly get your number so we could hang out some time?" He asked me as I grabbed my bag.

I blushed and said, "Sure, give me your phone. I'll put it in."

He handed me his phone and I put my number into it. I took a silly picture of myself and made it my picture on his phone. Once I was done I handed it back and he smiled at me. As I walked out the door I said, "Bye, Chris. See you soon, hopefully."

I walked around a bit more and decided to go to the food court for a bit of food since I was starving. I walked over and grabbed a chicken wrap and a soda from one of the little restaurants in there. As I walked around, I spotted a girl sitting at a table by herself looking pretty lonely. I walked over and said to her, "Do you mind if I sit here? You looked a bit lonely."

The girl looked up at me with a bit of surprise on her face before saying, "No, you can sit here."

I smiled at her and said, "I'm Ali."

"I'm Christina, but you can call me Chrissy," she said smiling back.

I noticed just then that she was wearing a One Direction hoodie and I grinned at her. "So you're a fan of One Direction?"

Chrissy looked down at her sweatshirt and blushed before saying, "Directioner for life," with a big smile.

"Same, but what would you do if I said I could take you to meet the boys?"

"You can't be serious."

"Oh but honey, I am very serious when it comes to dealing with my boys."

"No way. But, how do you know them?"

I grinned once again as I answered, "My dad is Simon Cowell."

Her mouth fell open and she just sat there gaping at me for a minute as I drank a bit of my soda. "You are so lucky. You have met the boys," she said to me.

"They're probably at their apartment playing video games right now, but I could take you to meet them. I think I can trust you not to go telling people on Twitter that Simon Cowell has a daughter just yet. We're going to publically announce it in a few days during an interview,I think," I said to Chrissy.

"Oh my god. I officially love you, Ali."

Over the next hour, Chrissy and I sat in the food court getting to know each other better. We found out that we had a lot of stuff in common. By the time Tom had called me asking if I was ready to go home, Chrissy was pretty much my best friend. I could tell that she really liked me for who I was and not because I knew the boys.

"I'll call you later after my dad's party maybe," I said to Chrissy after we had swapped numbers. We gave each other a hug since we both had to leave.

"Okay, see you later, Ali," Chrissy said with a big smile on her face.

Once we finished hugging, I went to go find Tom and spotted him waiting by the entrance of the mall with a ton of bags. I laughed when I saw him and ran over to help him with all of them. We walked out to the car and got in. On the way home, Tom and I both sang loudly and way off tune to the radio. By the time we got home, we were both laughing at how terrible we had sounded.

-*-

Sorry it took me so long to update! I didn't have any ideas :P

I'll try and make the next chapter a little longer :)

Thank you to the people that like this story :) I have no idea what everyone thinks when they read it and when I see that you commented and vote, it makes me really happy!!! :)

Don't forget to vote/comment!

1direction_carrots