Date Night

"Okay bye guys, have a good night and sleep well" Rebecca yells while exiting the club. Yoongi and Jimin are the last ones left, still cleaning up after them.

"... and then I got kicked out of school. That's the story why I never went to college." Jimin finishes his long story.

Yoongi smiles.

"Well it's certainly more entertaining than the reason I never went to college."

"Oh I still wanna hear it tho!" Jimin jumps up and down in excitement. How can he still have that much energy left in him. They've been working for more than eight hours straight.

"I just didn't want to. I never liked learning or school, so why would I pay so much money and do something I hate? Makes no sense." Yoongi makes a straight line with his mouth.

Jimin giggles: "That's true. And I guess you found your passion here behind this bar right?"

Yoongi nods and looks around. "Yes I did, although this is not really the type of bar I prefer."
"Oh, what do you prefer?"

"I like cozy bars, where only a handful of people fit in. And where everybody feels like home. No dresscode, no chandeliers, no securtiy. Just a group of cool people in cozy armchairs, maybe some live music. A guy who plays the guitar and sings soft tunes. Low light. Bookcases at the walls, and if people want they can read any of the books. It's more like a living room than a bar. That would be my absolute dream place."

Jimin's speechless. He's rarely heard Yoongi talk that much and if he ever did, it was just about mixing cocktails, not his life dream.

"Sounds amazing." Jimin says softly while putting away the last glas.

His phone chimes. "Oh, I should get going."

Oh right. Jimin has his date tonight. Yoongi almost forgot about that. It almost felt like the world was perfect. Just him and Jimin talking and bonding, mixing cocktails the whole night. But there was still the date.

"Goodnight, Yoongi. It was really fun tonight. Sleep well!" Jimin says.

He's two meters away from the door, when it's opened from the outside. "Okay BYE!" Jimin screams as he rushes towards the door and reaches it before the person on the outside could come in.

"Bye!" Yoongi says while switching off all the lights.

"Okay, hurry!" Jimin says as he nearly runs into Jungkook. Who doesn't understand the situation, but none the less does what he's asked to do.

Both of them walk away fast from the bar and only stop after being two streets away.

"Jimin?" Jungkook stops. "Are you okay?"

"Wha? Who? Me? Yeah, I'm fine. Fiine."

"Well you didn't even say hello and we've been running away from the bar since five minutes."

"I'm sorry. I just wanted to get away as quick as possible. My night was horrible. Let's not talk about that."

Jimin is so bad at lying. Jungkook knows that that's not the truth, but they're not there yet. He doesn't know him well enough to say that he knows he's lying. So he acts as if he believes him.

"Okay, I will never ask again. Maybe this will cheer you up, I brought you something." He holds up a little paperbag and smiles.

Jimin's heart jumps. This smile does everything. The little bunny teeth and his scrunched nose. If he could, he would hug Jungkook right now.

"What is it?" Jimin's curious.

"You won't find out just yet. Let's walk a bit first. You're lucky, we've been running in the right direction."

Jimin walks next to Jungkook, who's a bit taller than him and wears a short sleeved black t-shirt. Everything he wears is black. Maybe it's just a coincidence, but Jungkook seems like the guy who only wears black.

"Do you only own black clothes?" Jimin asks straight out.

Jungkook chuckles cutely. "Yes I do. How did you know?"

"I don't know, you just seem like someone who would." Jimin walks closer to him. Their hands almost touch.

"We're here." Jungkook turns around to see Jimin's face. "Do you like it?"

Jimin's eyes widen.
"Like? Jungkook, this is amazing."

They're not too far from the bar, Jungkook didn't want to walk too long. It's a quiet area, near the river. During daytime there are a lot of joggers here. But since it's 4 am, they're the only ones. You can see the lights from the houses on the other side of the river. There's a cute grass-area with some trees, which are lit up with beautiful fairy lights.

"How come I've never been here by night? It's so much more beautiful than during the day. And the lights in the trees look straight out of a fairytale." Jimin nearly cries at the sight.

„How did I not know of this?" He walls towards one of the trees and touches it's rough stem

„Here" Jungkook points to the blanket he put on the ground. "Let's have an early breakfast, shall we?"
He smiles and sits down, Jimin right next to him.
"Originally I wanted to go to a Café. But the ones that are already open at this time, are too far away or just looked real bad online. So I decided for a Picknick. I hope this is fine with you." He takes out two cups of coffee from the paper bag and a small cheesecake with some wooden forks.
"Jungkook, this is the most beautiful thing someone's ever done for me." Jimin's looks into Jungkook's eyes and it almost looks like there are stars in them.
Jimin smiles shyly and Jungkook smiles back, showing his cute bunny teeth.
This is probably the most romantic moment in Jimin's life so far. And if it wasn't enough, he notices how Jungkook stares at Jimin's lips. So he does the same and notices a small mole underneath his lips. It looks so perfectly placed. He would die to kiss these pink lips, but he doesn't even this guy. He should take it slow.

"Let's try the cake." Jimin says while turning away from Jungkook to grab the cake.

Both of them enjoy sitting under the beautiful tree, talking, laughing and as the sun slowly begins to rise, Jimin gets tired. But he doesn't want to get up.
He yawns.
"Oh you tired?" Jungkook asks concerned.
"Yeah. I've been up for almost 20 hours now." „We can go." „No, I don't wanna go. I don't want this night to end. Can I just cuddle up with you and take a quick nap?" Jimin asks with puppy eyes, still yawning.

Jungkook nods. He can't believe how lucky he is. This absolutely beautiful person is laying his head in his lap, his hands in tiny fists and breathing deeply. Jungkook takes off his jacket to cover Jimin. Although it's fairly warm, since it's July, he doesn't want Jimin to freeze.
„Can you play me some music?" Jimin asks half asleep.
Jungkook snickers and takes out his headphones, placing one of them in Jimins left ear and the other one in his right.
He plays one of his favourite songs.

Lost stars.

He hums along in a sweet voice and can see Jimin smiling softly at the sound.
His breaths get deeper and deeper and after a few seconds, he's fast asleep.
Wow he really must've been tired.

It's almost 7am. The sun is lightening up the city, the street lamps shut off and Jungkook can see the first joggers next to the river.

This must be what happiness feels like.