Pancakes

Yoongi wakes up at smell of something sweet. He would recognise this smell everywhere. He turns to his side and sees a black, curly hair. The next thing he notices is how deeply asleep the person next to him is. His torso moves slowly up and down. Yoongi tries to pull him towards him, so that the man would lie on his back. It doesn't work, the man is too heavy. So Yoongi tries to wake him up by speaking : "Tae." Yoongi's voice is raspy and his throat hurts like crazy, just like his head.

What happenend last night? Why is Tae sleeping next to him? Didn't he go home sometime? Wait, why did he go home at all, weren't they planning that he sleeps over? Yoongi vivdly remembers Tae grabing his jacket and heading out the door, looking really sad. Why was that? Why was he so sad? Yoongi can't remember, his head hurts from all the thinking.

He gets up slowly and sees the bucket filled with water next to his bed. Tae must've put it there. How did he know Yoongi was feeling like shit, when he left? Something doesn't add up. Yoongi looks at his phone on the nightstand, he checks his messages and sees that he called Tae last night at around half past twelve. So he probably asked him to come back. But why did he leave in the first place?

Yoongi still can't seem to remember. Anyways, Tae was there for him and took care of him, probably stayed up late. Yoongi wants to make it up for him and carries himself to the kitchen. Breakfast... What could he make his best friend for breakfast?

He takes out a pancake mix from one of the drawers and mixes it with water. Not much effort, but maximum deliciousness, Yoongi thinks. He pours the mix into the heated pan and his stomach rummages at the smell of it.

What was the reason Tae left yesterday? Yoongi tries to recreate the night in his head. Tae came over with some sushi, they both played Mario Kart and Tae almost always lost. They drank sake, way too much sake. And didn't Yoongi say something like: Wanna bet? So apparently they made a bet last night, maybe that was the reason Tae left. But Yoongi can't think of what the bet was about.

He carefully places the pancakes on a small plate and searches in all his cabins for the maple sirup. Not noticing that someone entered the kitchen. He finally finds it and takes his head out the cabins, turning to his plate again and notices Tae standing in the entrance.

"Morning." Is all he says and suddenly it comes rushing back to Yoongi. The movement of Tae's lips reminds him of another movement they made last night.

Suddenly he sees Tae's face coming in real close and their lips pressing against each other and he hears his own words echoing inside his head: "Kiss me."

The maple sirup rushes towards the floor, meets the tiles with a loud noise and makes a mess everywhere, but Yoongi doesn't care.

Did he?

Did he really kiss Tae last night?!

"Fuck, I'm sorry." Yoongi stutters, but Tae's quicker than him, already on the floor wiping off all the maple sirup. "Don't be. It could happen to anyone. You're just too hungover, you should've let me prepare breakfast. I wasn't as drunk as you last night." He snickers.

So Yoongi was more hammered than Tae, does that mean Tae WANTED to kiss him? No that can't be it. He clearly only went along with it because he was pretty drunk, too. They'd never cross that boundry. They're just friends. No way Tae has any sorts of feelings for him, same way Yoongi doesn't.

Should he ask him? Should he ask Tae what happened last night? Maybe he just remembered incorrectly. Maybe that was just weird dream of his, like he sometimes has with Tae, but never really reads too much into it. Everybody has that sorts of dreams with their best friend. It's totally normal.

Nah, he better not ask him. Yoongi doesn't wanna make this whole situation even more uncomfortable.

"So how you feeling this morning?" Tae says as they sit at the table munching the dry pancakes. "For the amount of sake I drank, I actually feel alright. I might've drank enough water last night." "Haha, yes you did, I made you." "Well, thank you." "Do you even remember anything at all?" "No, not a thing. The last thing I know is us playing Mario Kart and then me lying in bed." Yoongi lies. He doesn't tell Tae he knows, he left and he doesn't tell him he knows why. Lord knows this could all just been a dream. The only thing he's certain about is them playing Mario Kart. So he keeps it at that.

"Well that's basically all that happened. At some point during the game, you just passed out, so I brought you to bed."

"Thank you so much, Tae. I owe you." "You owe me nothing. That's what best friends are for. But maybe we lay off the alcohol for some time, huh?" He chews the last piece of pancake, smiling brightly.

Tae is absolutely relieved that Yoongi doesn't remember anything. It's just like it always was between them. Their happy selves, eating breakfast after a drunk night. But some part of his heart aches. Like someone sticked a needle into it. This tiny part still hoped he'd remember and admit his feelings for Tae. This tiny part hoped Yoongi meant what he said and did last night. But obviously that isn't the case. It was just the alcohol talking through him. Just the alcohol.