Tea

Yoongi is a total mess

Yoongi is a total mess. Tae has never seen him like this. Usually he is not too straightforward with his emotions. And Tae has never seen Yoongi cry, like AT ALL. Not even when he got kicked out from home after coming out. And now all he can do is cry. And Tae has absolutely no clue why.

He brought chocolate, ice-cream and Tea and even made a cute little sign for his best friend that says: Have some Tea with Tae.

Yoongi didn't even smile. He wasn't even able to read the sign because his eyes were so swollen and full with tears.

It breaks Tae's heart to see him like this.

"Yoongi? Yoongles?"

All Yoongi can do is cuddle up against Taes chest and cry.

And all Tae can do is pet Yoongis hair. "It's gonna be alright."

It takes over half an hour for Yoongi to stop crying. And when he does he's got the biggest headache ever.

"Hyung, what's wrong? Do you want to talk about it?" Tae asks with a soft voice, while opening one of the windows, to let in some fresh air.

Yoongi nods. He starts speaking and Tae can barely understand him because of his hoarse voice.

"I-" Yoongi coughs and clears his throat. "Do you remember that Jungkook went on a date a couple of days ago?"

"Yeah, sure. You're right, he hasn't told us anything."

"Well, maybe he didn't, because he went on a date with Jimin."

Tae's chin falls down, his mouth wide open: "You're kidding?"

"Do I look like I'm kidding Taehyung?" Yoongi says in a serious voice. Tae shakes his head. He really doesn't.

"Well fuck. How do you know?"

"Jungkook told me after the date. And he told me how much he likes Jimin and that he can't stop thinking about him. At first I was thinking that there's still hope, It could still occur, that Jimin didn't like Jungkook. But a few hours ago he texted me."

"What did he say?"

"He asked me what Jungkook's favourite food is and wanted to surprise him with a dinner." Yoongi stops and looks into Tae's eyes. "I just feel so stupid." Yoongi's eyes begin to water again. "How did I not know? I knew they both had dates at the same night. And they were talking a lot when you guys were at the bar. AND JIMIN ASKED ME FOR JUNGKOOKS NUMBER!!! How could I be so blind?" The tears start falling down Yoongis face again.

"Well.." Tae doesn't really know what to say. "Have you talked to Jungkook about this? Did you tell him how heartbroken you are?"

Yoongi shakes his head: "He asked me, if I was fine with the two of them dating. And I said yes." "Why did you say that? You are obviously not fine!" "I don't want to be the reason why Jungkook's not happy. His happiness is more important than mine."

"What are you talking about Yoongi? Your happiness is just as important as his. And if he knew how much it hurts you, I bet he wouldn't go out with Jimin any longer." "And that's reason why you can't tell him!" "WHAT?"

"Tae, promise me you won't tell Jungkook." "Why?" "This way, the two of them get to be happy and I'm the only unhappy one. If they know, both of them would be unhappy, because they couldn't be together and I would also be unhappy, because two people I love so dearly are unhappy. You see, I can't win. Either way, I'll be unhappy."

Tae is speechless. Yoongi thought about this a lot.

"But his can't be the way to go!" Tae nearly screams. He can't accept the misery of his best friend like this.

"There is no other way. I'll just have to get over him."

"Get over him? Get over the first man you really love? The perfect man for you? How is that possible?" "Wow, thanks Tae. This really lifts me up." "I'm sorry. I just don't understand how you can let this go so easily." "Tae! Don't you understand? I don't have another choice."

Yoongi is angry now. Why can't Tae just see this miserable situation he is in? He can't just think about himself. This is not only about him.

"You know what? Let's not think about this tonight, alright?" Tae smiles brightly. "I got some ice-cream, what do you say?"

And just like that, Yoongi's heart aches a bit less. Tae takes out the ice-cream, sets it aside and wraps Yoongi in a tight a hug. "We can watch stupid animes the whole night, any preferences? It's your choice."

Yoongi smiles. It's a tiny smile, but he doesn't feel as cold anymore, with Tae by his side.