One Year Later

It's been a year since Niall left for tour. Since then I have met this guy that works at the hospital with me. We started dating. I feel like Niall and I just won't work. I know that we haven't even tried but, I don't see the point. He's living his life and I am living mine. Niall hasn't even tried to contact me.

'Why hasn't he even tried? Is there something wrong with me?' I thought.

"Hey Cat," I snapped out of my thoughts and saw my friend Sarah standing there.

"Hey."

"Can I sit?" She asked.

"Yeah go ahead." She sat down. Right now I am on my lunch break.

"Oh look One Direction is on TV," she said. I looked up and saw them. They were doing an interview over skype with the local talk show.

"So Niall, have you and Cat been keeping in touch?" the interviewer asked.

"Um, yeah a little bit." A little bit? We haven't talked since the night before he left. We talked on the phone until midnight.

"Do you think she will welcome you back with open arms?"

"I hope so, she is my best friend." Niall smiled. Oh gosh how I have missed that smile.

"Well we will see you tonight when you get into town and perform your last show at the O2 arena." The boys said their goodbyes and the show ended. Wait a sencond! Did she say that the boys are coming here?!?

"I have to go my lunch is over," I told Sarah and walked out of the break room. I went back up to my floor and told my boss that I wasn't feeling well and she told me to go home. At least it wasn't a total lie I was actually feeling a little sick to my stomach after seeing Niall. I got in my car and went to my mom's house.

"Mom?" I yelled when I got into her house.

"In the kitchen!" she yelled back.

"Did you see the interview?" I asked walking into the kitchen. My mom was making lunch.

"I did, how you holding up?" I sat down on a stool by the counter.

"I'm okay."

"No you're not, you still love him."

"I do not mom, besides I have Matt." I grabbed a grape and popped it into my mouth.

"Sweetie, you have loved Niall since you were 16. Feelings like that just don't go away over night, they take time."

"Mom, it has been over a year. I have moved on."

"Whatever you say." She sat down beside me. Just then my phone rang. I looked at the caller id.

Niall...