Escape H

My fingers screaming for warmth as Jack frost nipped at my fingers in my gloves in my pockets. No snow but it was still below freezing. Good thing that we had no snow? No, its a very bad thing. It mean winters snow is lasting till my birthday in April. Again. Just like last year.

"Warm Apple cider??!!" A chirpy brown lady said with her hair in a ponytail and raindeer antler headband on her head. Me and my mom nod yes as we took the last two apple cider cups on the tray she head and a 'thanks' came from us both. I looked over to the igloo made out of milkcartons and white duct tape then strung with lights and two big red bows were at the entrance of it. I took a sip of the steamy beverage.

"Wanna go back down to the carolers mom?" I had asked. Her nod was enough for me we turned and set off to the carols and I saw the cups with a fake candles in them. One was glowing but the but the ground gutter right next to it was I looked in the gutter and the fake candle was still glowing hard and bright. I took the cup and flipped it over. I saw in another place the candle was flickering in the rain gutter. Giving an occasional flutter of light. We stopped at the carolers and sung for a bit. A little girl ran by with a donut bag. "Hey mom we should get more cider and get a donut" I nudge her arm and smiled as I nodded my head yes.

"You are a dingleberrie. But I still love you." She laughed "yeah let's go get some" we turned as I spoke out.

"Don't you have to love me or something like that. I mean you are my mother." She nodded no before she replied to me.

"No. Only because I have a choice. And I want you to have a donut and be happy so I'm walking with you to go get some." she smiled and finshed off her cider and threw it in the trash.

"Oh come on you know you want a donut to." I laughed and nudged her. We had reached the hot cider stand and grabbed a cup. Before getting a donut we stepped to the heaters. Waiting for my dad and heating up our fingers,nose,legs,and face. My dad walked over sooner or later.

"Hey what are you guys doing?" He asked as we headed over to the cookies and donuts.

"Getting a donut" i replied "and refilled out Hot Apple Cider. You?"he held up his phone,and smiled a geeky smile

"Claiming portals" me and my mother laughed at him. He wasn't always so nice to hang with. So this was nice. "Hey its 9:45 this little one here has to get to bed" I made a pouty face

"Mannnn! I wish we lived here! You would never find me at 9:30! Neeevvveeerrr! Mwhahaha!" I had said making a werid face as my mother and father laughed at me now.

They had started walking away and I followed like a baby duckling. Right behind momma.

We went to the car and the car ride home was quiet. Once home we went inside and I fell asleep.

Ok what's up my marshmallows? All y'all good? Sorry for a late update. Byes!