Chapter 3

Tris POV
I woke up in the Nurse's Office. I sat up and thought at least I didn't get taken to the hospital. I stood up and looked around for the nurse. I felt better, maybe I was just tired after all. I still knew though that the cancer was coming back. It probably isn't that bad now but if I keep waiting it will get worse. That's a fact.

The nurse gave me a note for 9th period. There was only 20 minutes left in that class. It was music. Good, an easy class to end the day with. I was feeling a little light headed by the time I got to his class. To long of a walk. When I get there, I give Mr. Adams the note and take my seat in the back. He went on talking about classical music, and how we'd have a project on it. I never paid attention in that class. I'm surprised he's never noticed. I'd be having detention if he ever found out. I just zoned out until I heard the bell.

Four POV
I got in trouble today in science, so they called my dad. He's making me work at this Pet Store. He said he talked to the owner so just show up after school. I wonder if anyone I know will go past there. That'd be embarrassing.

The final bell rang. I start walking to this Pet Store and as soon as I see I make sure no one's watching and go in. Ugh. It's Tris. She works here? I guess so. "Hey, umm I am supposed to volunteer here, so like here I am," I say while putting my bag behind the counter and taking a seat on a chair. I pull out my phone, but she takes it from me.

"Okay I'm going to get some dog food to hand down to you. Okay?"

"Yeah. Sure, whatever." She goes towards a long ladder and starts to climb it. Her foot missed its position and she fell. I caught her though. Ge'ez she's light. She probably weighs like 80 pounds.

"Thanks."

"No problem." We get to work and soon enough I'm leaving.

Tris POV
Today, surprisingly wasn't that bad. Except for the fact that when I got there I was terribly out of breath, considering I had to walk 1/4 of a mile. I thought it would be horrible with Four working, but it wasn't. I log on to my computer, and then I get a really sharp chest pain. I fall out of my chair, and start coughing up blood. Oh god please. I dial my house number, and my mom answers, "Hello?"
I croak, "Help," before I black out.

Sorry. I had to do that. Read. Review.
xxAshleigh