(xxi) glitter and gold.

July 21st.

"Those dresses better be picked up, Drea. You won't be going home tonight and you can kiss that anniversary with your check to check baby daddy goodbye. Fuck them kids," Maya heard Amirah say through the phone, causing her to chuckle. She stared at herself in the vanity, attempting to bring a smile to her face when she didn't feel like doing much of that at all. A week ago, she had embarrassed herself popping up on Sajaír and now she would see him tonight for Nicholas' celebration. It was his birthday, so in support for Jasmyn she would attend. Maya shrugged her shoulders in pain once the heat hit her head, causing Jasmyn to roll her eyes. "We don't have time for this, Maya. It starts at 6 pm and it's already almost 1." She said, causing Maya to slightly get it together.
"Drea is going to get the dresses. The makeup artist should be here shortly," A said before exiting the room to go and mess with her son. Maya turned her head before looking to Jasmyn, sighing. "What if she's there tonight, too?" She asked in a soft voice, causing Jasmyn to look at her through the mirror. Jasmyn had kept to herself that she met True over dinner and there was something about the girl that was hard to dislike.
"You gotta be strong and suffer the consequences, Maya. I tried to get you to talk to him," she said in defense. Maya rolled her eyes, that being what she didn't want to hear. She wished that her brother or Cree was here, but there was something going on that she couldn't put her finger on and not between those two. Her brother had been fairly distant.
"I wish I would've listened, now he's out of my reach. She can have him," she said once A entered then room. Amirah rolled her eyes before chuckling, sitting down at the round bed before analyzing the conversation.
"I refuse to sit here and watch you mope over this man, there'll be plenty of candy at this birthday celebration. We'll all look amazing." She said in comfort, resulting in a smile from Jasmyn and Maya.

As promised, when the dresses arrived thirty minutes later the girls had been in awe. The theme for the birthday celebration was glamour, but this was a bit much.

        "The pink belongs to you, of course I'm showing up in the damn near lace and the Golden belongs to the woman on his arm

        "The pink belongs to you, of course I'm showing up in the damn near lace and the Golden belongs to the woman on his arm." Amirah said, hanging out the dresses. "Shoes are upstairs, now let's get out our makeup on." Maya and Jasmyn went to protest about the glittery dresses, which probably costed a fortune, but Amirah never gave them the chance to. Instead, they hung the dresses up on the racks and zipped them closed, following her upstairs to the makeup room.
        The room had been surrounded in multiple vanity sections, as it was dedicated to being a makeup room. Two males and a female stood in the room at their arrival, greeting and introducing themselves before they began to work on their masterpieces. Maya had never been glammed up, but it seemed like the perfect therapy post-losing Sage.

5:30 pm.

        "Can you believe this fucking traffic? The fucking nerve!" Jasmyn screamed at the window of the limo, causing Maya to reach over and pull her back. They had been too dolled up for her to sweat her makeup off for yelling. Maya couldn't sweat her makeup nor her curls out either. Jasmyn took kind to the gesture before reclining, eyes narrowing at the traffic before them.