(xxii) when it rains. . .

It had been pouring down outside.
        Sage sat inside his matte black Dodge Charger, burner phone to his ear as his spoke to one of this team members on the other line. "All I know is if you don't push that coke? You gone be pushed off the Manhattan bridge. And I clean up well," He said, slapping the phone closed before he looked over to Nicholas who was in a daze. It had been some days after his birthday event and the surprise that left him struck. "Yo, Earth to Nicholas."
        "Yo, my bad bro. Let's get this shit done." Nicholas said, a quick yet apologetic smile appearing at his features. Sage turned the car off completely, pulling up the fur hood of his long trench coat over his head. Inside his right pocket, there was a glock and inside the left there was a smoke bomb. The brothers walked to the warehouse before them without using umbrellas to shield them from the rain. A guard saw who it was, granting immediate access before reaching down to pull the lever of the garage entrance. "Bosssssssss man!" One of the females that had been checking the quality of the cocaine said, walking over. She wore nothing but a skimpy bikini and had a bandana around her neck, a gun in her thigh holster. As usual, she kissed his cheek before going over to kiss Nicholas' as well.
        "Hey, Coco. Everything fairing well up at this location?" Sage asked before her face turned sour. She tried to switch the emotion quick before nodding her head. "Nah, run that. What's all that about?" He asked before Coco dragged him by the hand, pulling him in his office around the corner. Nicholas followed shortly behind and when the door closed, her lips sung like a bird on a warm summer day.
        "We been coming up short on money. Red cut our hours and some of us ain't been getting a full paycheck.. I was chilling with Rasheeda and she said she been trying to talk him out of taking money. He don't listen though, he stuck in his ways and they short on bills." Coco said, standing at the desk while Sage sat in his office chair. Nicholas stood behind him, arms folded before he pulled out his phone. It was necessary for him to make some important calls before the shortage in money started becoming evident and eventually fucking up their pushes. Sage punched his hands on the desk before he pulled his gun from his pocket, moving past Coco. He could hear protesting words, but all he saw was red.
        He went upstairs to where Red's office had been, busting through the door with the force of his shoulder. The female underneath his desk bumped her head in shock and Red opened his eyes in surprise. Sage had his hands behind his back, hiding the gun from his sight. "What's good, Boss Man? Head on up outta here Unicorn." He said, excusing the female who climbed from her knees from underneath the desk. She wiped her mouth, greeting Sage with an embarrassed wave before returning to her station. This what that bitch did on her lunch break? Ate dick?
"I just wanted to run something by you," Sage said, sitting down in the office chair. Red sat up and placed his elbows on the desk, nodding his head to listen. "You know where this sudden shortage coming from? I noticed that some thousands were missing from the business analog. . ." He asked and could hear Red swallow his last collection of saliva.
"I wanted to talk to you about that man.." Red said, leaning back in his chair to hold his chin. Sage noticed that it was shaking. "R-Rasheeda and I been late on the past few bills and I took more than I usually get paid one time," Red said. Sage stood up, pointing his gun before he raised his voice.
"One fucking time bro?" At that moment, Nicholas walked in with a stack of papers and dropped them on the desk. His Bluetooth was connected to his ear this time. "I understand you being late behind bills but you come and talk to me before you steal from me, my nigga. We supposed to be brothers round here and you lying, lying yo ass off for what?" Sage said, forming his hand into a fist and hitting his chest. Red shook his head, remaining silent. He had no excuse for him, to be completely honest. Sage already had the safety off, so he cocked the gun and let three bullets fly into his skull. A female in a suit walked in during the sound of gunfire, forensic gloves on her hands. "Nicholas made the call, Boss. It's cleaned and handled already." She confirmed, dropping her brief case on the table. Inside that brief case were many many things that could make a murder scene look like it never happened. She pulled out something to remove the bloodstains on the wall and started the process.
Sage put his gun back in his pocket, flicking his finger to Nicholas for the both of them to roll out. "Send Janelle to handle that bitch Rasheeda," was all he said as they walked back out into the rain. Nicholas got to dialing a number right away.

"Thank you for agreeing to meet me for dinner."
        Jasmyn said, her weary eyes looking across the table to stare at Nicholas. Nicholas sighed, removing his coat before shaking his head. There wasn't much to be said, especially when a couple days ago they were yelling their heads off at each other. "You don't have to thank me for eating with you. I've done it plenty of times." He said, glancing at her for a second before he went to order the menu. Jasmyn looked around at the 5-star restaurant that he had chosen, tucking her hair behind her ear before clearing her throat. Silence became the new conversation, the surrounding conversation filling their ears before they would ever hear each other speak.
"Good evening, I'm going to be your server today," A yellow girl with a dimpled smile said, but her attention was more towards Nicholas. "Any beverages to start you guys off? Wine, soda, water with lemon?"
"I'll take a water with lemon," Jasmyn said, pulling her attention from Nicholas. She squinted to look at her name tag - Jessica. Jessica sketched it down on the notepad that she had.
"Coke with four shots of whiskey and a lime," Nicholas said, causing Jessica to gas him up. "Alright alright, you know the good stuff!" She said with a corny laugh following after.
"Akekeke," Jasmyn said with a straight face. Jessica cleared her throat, announcing that she'd be right back with their drinks shortly. "You want to take her into the bathroom and get her pregnant too or you gonna ask her to kill her baby, too?"
Nicholas grabbed the bridge of his nose, shaking his head to defend himself. "You make me sound like a terrible person. My father will be in town in the next few days and the last thing I need to hear is complaints about me having a child out of wedlock. Especially if it's not with Blaire." He said, but caught himself at the end. Jasmyn's eyebrow quivered out of pure anger before she grabbed the napkin from her lap and tossed it at him.
"I don't give a flying fuck whose coming into town," she said, standing up from the table. Nicholas grabbed her forearm so she wouldn't bring attention to their table, but she slapped it away and grabbed her purse and keys. "You should've thought about that before you fell in love with this good pussy and came inside of it raw. Regardless of whether you're in the baby's life or not, you need to get the fuck over yourself and accept the consequences." She said, turning to leave before she stopped and turned around. She reached into her bag, throwing a $100 bill at him. "Take this so you can drink your dead beat ass self to death." Nicholas stared at her in shock as she left, not even able to get up himself and follow after her.

He had bigger fish to fry.