CHAPTER EIGHT: The Ghost Sonata

ALISON'S HOUSE

"I don't know what this list is, but maybe it does have something to do with Taylor. You and Caitlin have some personality traits in common but who the hell is Ray Hogadorn? He's not on the faculty and he's not a student. I'm gonna start matching social security numbers to names and see if I can find him," Mona said. 

Alison, looking at picture of Grace and Lily, didn't reply.

"Hello?" Mona asked. 

"I saw a picture of Emily on Insta today. She stopped wearing her wedding ring," Alison said, putting the picture back in a drawer so that she could keep up the facade that she was Vivian Darkbloom. 

"What does that mean?"

"She's moved on."

"Ali, you don't know that. I doubt they allow her to be in combat with a ring on. Especially one as expensive as hers."

"She's not in combat. She's helping train other recruits in Texas like her dad."

"Well I still don't think she'd move on without telling you. Either way, I'm always rooting for you two. You're missing a book by the way," Mona said, pointing to the collection of Wizard of Oz books. 

"They're Taylor's."

"There's still one missing. 'The Patchwork Girl of Oz'."

"Those were all the books in the box."

"Okay, now I wanna talk about me. What am I gonna do about Bad Bishop?"

"What do you know about them?"

"Nothing. Except the way they think."

"It should be enough for you."

DYLAN'S APARTMENT

"She lied to me. I asked her what happened with her and Mason after they talked and she said nothing. She was afraid of something and she didn't want me to know. Dylan?" Ava said. 

"Andrew and I got in a fight," Dylan said. 

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

"I can't."

"So more secrets?"

"Same secrets. I just made the mistake of being honest about it."

"Well whatever it is, it's obvious that you love him."

"I don't know if that'll get us through it."

"I'm sorry. Do you wanna go get drunk?"

"In a perfect worlds, yes, but we need to talk to Caitlin."

"What makes you think she'll be honest with you?"

"Well instead of just you, it's both of us. Two against one."

"Okay, I like those odds."

FOOTBALL FIELD