CHAPTER NINE: The Patchwork Girl

CABIN

The Perfectionists stood in a circle in the middle of the cabin that Nolan had been in the night he died. 

"Yeah well who died and made you boss?" Dylan asked sometime during the conversation.

"You never cared about Nolan. Why do you care about this?" Ava asked sometime during the conversation.

"Let's stop fighting and focus on what we're doing here," Caitlin said during the conversation. 

"Are we even sure we wanna do this?" Caitlin asked later.

"Don't you dare! We can't do this without you! And you owe me. You said you would do whatever it takes to prove to me that you're sorry!" Ava replied. 

"Yes, I did, but we're about to break a lot of laws here. Felonies!"

"Maybe that comes easy to you, though. You know, runs in the family," Dylan said. 

Caitlin couldn't believe what he had said. 

"Screw you," Ava said. 

Ava walked to a table behind her and put some power from a pill into a glass of alcohol and then grabbed one that was untouched. She walked back over to the other two. 

"So this is how it's gonna be? After tonight we'll just move on like we're no longer friends?" Caitlin asked. 

"We were never friends," Ava replied.

TAYLOR'S RV

Alison was being rocked back and forth in Taylor's RV as the previously thought dead girl drove the truck attached to it. 

"Taylor! Open the door!" Alison pleaded. 

Things began to fall out of shelves, forcing Alison to dodge them like raindrops during a rainy day in Rosewood. 

HOLDMAN ANNEX

Ray grabbed a jar with peanut brittle. 

"Would you like some?" he asked Mona. 

"I'm on cleanse. You are Ray Hogadorn, aren't you?" she replied. 

"That's me."

"I'm Ali Dee. I work-"

"I've been in your office. I change your light bulbs and seen you all over campus. You just never notice. My cloak of invisibility."

"You live here?" 

"Well, it's not Walden Pond, but it suits me."

"How long have you been here?"

"I was fifteen years old when I came. What were you doing when you were fifteen?"

"Playing with my dolls and shoplifting with Hanna. So you were a student here?"

"Then I met a girl. She was smart like you."

"And where is she now? Your girl?"

"She couldn't take the pressure."