CHAPTER TEN: We Were Never Friends

LATER THAT NIGHT

CABIN

Caitlin and Dylan were in the cabin preparing for Mason's arrival.

"Okay. Find somewhere to hide this so that we can video the entire room," Caitlin said, handing Dylan a spy camera.

But before they could barely move an inch, Ava stormed into the cabin. 

"A rat and a cheater. Nolan really knew how to pick 'em. How long? How long was it going on?" she asked Dylan, shoving the picture of him and Nolan together to his chest.

"Oh shit," he replied. 

"What?" Caitlin asked, taking the picture from Dylan. 

She examined it. 

"Oh my God."

"Look, I think it was before you," Dylan said to Ava.

"So it was during Nolan and me?!" Caitlin asked. 

"We barely talked back then. Alright? And I never knew if you were Nolan's real girlfriend, or if you weren't or-"

"So this is what you were hiding from Andrew? And from me?" Ava asked. 

"It is what made Andrew walk out on me. Yes. I couldn't lie to him anymore," Dylan replied. 

"Oh. But you could lie to me?"

"It was one time!"

"It doesn't make it right," Caitlin said.

"You never cared about Nolan. Why do you care about this?" Ava asked Caitlin. 

"I care about being lied to."

"Says the one who outed Ava," Dylan spat back.

"You know what, can y'all just shut up so we can do this?"

"I don't blame him for leaving you," Ava said to Dylan about Andrew. 

Ava handed Caitlin the pills.

"When he's not looking put three of these in his drink. He should be telling you his whole life story within the hour," Ava said. 

"Is that when we come in and beat the shit out of him?" Dylan asked. 

"No. That's when Caitlin dazzles him with her winning personality and makes him feel safe. Like he can tell her the truth. And then we come in, take the camera."

Dylan placed the camera behind the table and on a shelf, somewhat hidden.

"Come on, Dylan, he'll see that the second he walks in!" Ava said, walking over to move it.

"Yeah, well who died and made you boss, Ava?" Dylan asked. 

"Nolan."

"Are we sure we wanna do this?" Caitlin asked.

"Don't you dare, Caitlin! We can't do this without you and you owe me," Ava said.