CHAPTER ELEVEN: I'm Not Exactly Feeling Fashion Forward Today

ONE HOUR LATER

HOSPITAL

Ava walked away from the receptionist's desk.

She went back over to Dylan, who had been sitting down.

"She's still in surgery. That's gotta be a bad sign, right?" Ava asked.

"I mean, as long as they still have her in there they think there's something they can do," Dylan replied.

"So you're a half-full kind of guy."

"What?"

"You're an optimist."

"I'm hopeful, yeah."

"Then today I will be, too. Because I can't imagine losing anybody else."

The two were quiet for a moment, but then...

"I'm sorry," they said at the same time.

"I just want you to know that I would've told you about Nolan. I just didn't have the time to figure out how to say it without hurting you."

"And I'm really sorry about what I said about Andrew in the cabin. I didn't mean it, I swear. I just..."

"I get it."

"Have you heard from him since?"

"No. Maybe it's better this way, though. I mean, if he's not around then Mason can't mess with him. I'm just trying to find some silver lining to this."

"Well, it brought us together. So I guess that's  our silver lining."

"Are we...together?"

"Caitlin stole Mason's phone to prove to us that we could trust her. Se yeah, we're together."

Just around the corner, Alison and Mona were watching the conversation take place.

Mona was about to walk to the two when Ali stopped her.

"Hey! How do I explain Taylor?" Alison asked.

"You found the dead girl whose brother was killed based off a rose you found in a cabin and a map of Oz. Then you brought said dead girl back to Beacon Heights despite my warnings, only to have her disappear again? That seems right," Mona replied.

"Well when you say it like that, I do have a lot to worry about. We don't even know if she's connected to all of this."

Then, the two walked to Dylan and Ava.

"Hi," Alison said.

"Hi," Ava replied.

"Any word?"

"She's still in surgery."

"What happened?" Mona asked.

Dylan and Ava looked at Mona hesitantly, not knowing who the hell she is and if they could trust her.

"It's okay. She's one of us," Alison said.