CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: He Got What He Deserved

ROAD

Jeremy drove Caitlin, but to where was unknown.

"I'm not a monster, Cait! I did it to protect you and your family," Jeremy said.

"Wait, from Nolan?" Caitlin asked.

"He got what he deserved. But I can't tell you more if you go back. It's too dangerous."

"What are you asking me to do? Never go back home?"

"I'm leaving tonight. If you come with me then you'd be safe and I can tell you everything that I did. I promise."

"Jeremy-"

"You wanted him gone, too, Cait. We can leave together, or we can say goodbye."

MONA'S APARTMENT

Mona had the recordings of Dana open on her laptop, while Dylan, Ava, and Alison stood around the table.

Ava tried to call Caitlin, but got her voicemail.

"Straight to voicemail. Again," Ava told the others.

"Did she tell you where she was?" Dylan asked.

"No."

"Look, I get that we want Caitlin with us when we take the proof to Claire but we can't wait for her," Mona said.

Someone knocked on the door. 

"That has to be Taylor," Alison said before walking over to the door.

Mona, Ava, and Dylan didn't seem too thrilled.

"I told you we can trust her," Alison said.

She opened the door, and there was Taylor.

"Hey," Alison said.

Taylor walked in, and saw the other three in the room.

Dylan smiled, and she walked over to him.

"Sorry I took so long to reconnect," Taylor said.

"You've been busy," Dylan replied.

Taylor then turned to Ava.

"Ava, hi. I'm Taylor."

"I know. Hi," Ava replied.

"Now's not the right time but there are some things I need to tell you. Things Nolan would want you to know."

Mona removed the flash drive that had the recordings from her computer and handed it to Taylor.

"Well, let's get this over with so we can get Dana off your backs and I can get back to why I came home. To figure out who killed my brother," Taylor said.

THE NEXT DAY

CLAIRE'S OFFICE