/ 8:15 P.M. - James's Dorm Room /

This coffee was bitter, just like my inner self tonight. Usually you would be all cheery about Christmas eve, but I couldn't even try to be.

My mom quickly responded saying they would miss me this holiday and that we could exchange our gifts next time I come down, but still, it wasn't the same. I was spending Christmas alone.

James cleared his throat, "Is the coffee okay?"

I looked up at him to see him slightly uncomfortable. He was trying so hard to make conversation, it was quite nice to be honest. Conversation wasn't my thing either though, so I just shrugged.

"Are you hungry at all? Because I'm sure I could make something," he rushed out, sliding his coffee back and forth. I shook my head, then decided to look around his dorm. He shared it with some football player- imagine the conflict. It was probably worse than the conflict I had with Coral. Though, the sight was an amusing one as I looked around.

You'd think these were some artsy little boys with hipster glasses with the snowflakes hanging from the ceiling, garland outlining the windows, little microfiber trees that change colors, and let's not forget the cookies and milk left out. I almost choked on my coffee. I was so curious to know if it was James or his roommate.

"I always kind of liked Christmas," James said, and I turned back to face him, a blush on his face.

I snorted, "Would you bring Coral in here?" I asked, smirking a bit. I then smiled, "It's pretty though, I like it."

James frowned. "Coral-" he then decided to shut his mouth and shrugged. "Thank you, my parents always said you needed to share the holiday spirit."

I nodded, then asked, "Why aren't you going to see your parents, if I may ask,"

James looked at his coffee, then up at me, with a slight glare. "I don't know," he bit out in a painful manner, the coffee slipping out of his hand. Me being the wimp I am, gasped and automatically got up. We had just gotten the coffee maybe ten minutes ago, so it was still steaming.

"Oh my God oh my God-" I then bit my tongue to shut myself up. He winced, whether it was at the burning or at me, I don't know.

"The drawer next to the microwave holds some towels," he sucked through his teeth.

I nodded, grabbing a few. "Do you have any aloe?" I asked, looking over at him, he tipped his head back towards the small bathroom. I nodded and rushed into there, got the aloe, wetting the other cloth.

When I came back into the kitchen, he had his leg propped up on the bar stool I once sat on. I smiled nervously. There was no way in hell he was gonna roll up his skinny jeans, he'd have to take them on. "Can you take off your jeans?" I kept my composure, but honestly, I was a wreck, I had never ever seen a guy (besides my brother, obviously) with his pants off.

To this, James smirked. "Only because it's almost Christmas, Bristle," he teased, getting up and unbuttoning his pants, I scoffed.

"In your dreams, James," I stuck my nose in the air, but blushed, because him without his pants on made me shy. I mean, a guy like James pant-less in the presence of me? It would happen once every maple moon, meaning never.

James gave me a slightly uneasy smile, and sat back down on the stool. I knelt down to look at the big red spot on his thigh. His legs were covered with freckles, in fact, he had freckles everywhere. His face, arms, feet. They weren't the big ones, they were small and speckled. They were lovely. I looked up at him. "I'm sure this'll be an easy fix," I said, putting some aloe in my hand and onto his thigh, rubbing.

The silence during it was so thick. It wasn't awkward, but the air held some feeling. One I for sure liked.

"If you want, I can take off my boxers and we can take this further," James suggested out of nowhere, with a tone of casualty. I screamed a bit and hit him, right in his burn. His laugh turned into a hiss and I gasped. "Sorry, sorry, sorry," I rushed out, rubbing it again. After that, I put on the towel, and stood up.

James chuckled slightly, putting his faded hair into a bun. I'm pretty sure my face was as red as a stove-top by the time I stood up. I looked away from him. He had some nerve I tell you. It was cute though, I hate to admit it, but he was cute.

"Bristle-"

"Nope, don't wanna hear it."

You could hear the smile in his voice, "Thank you."

I couldn't help but smile back, "You're welcome,"

It was then that I noticed the pool table. It was sleek and black with a red outline. The pool balls were all in a neat row on a shelf and the sticks were sat nicely in a case. It was the loveliest site I had ever seen.

"Play me in pool, James."

James laughed a melodic laugh, getting up. "Okay, but I'll so beat you."

I smirked, he had a death wish. "Okay, whatever you say, you're on."