Joel #1

Song: Protocol
By: The Vamps

I remember the evening
You said you were leaving
That's when I knew I had lost

"What can I do about it Joel?!" She yelled at me.

"Look, I've told you multiple times that I'm sorry!" I tried to explain to her.

"Sorry, won't cut this Joel. You cheated!" She cried as the tears streamed down her face.

"I was drunk!"

"Exactly. That's not gonna stop me, I'm leaving and that's for sure!" She yelled at me and walked out the door slamming it shut behind.

"I just lost the love of my life." I whispered.

No room for forgiveness
Suitcase, frames, pictures
Placed in the back of your car

I looked out the windowing watching as she placed her last suitcase in the trunk of her car. Everything she owned was gone from within the house. No frames. No pictures. Nothing of hers.

I won't tell my parents how I fucked up perfection
And selfishly put myself first

I regret going to that bar. I regret letting my best friends convince me to go. I should've stayed home with her. None of this would've happened if I didn't simply go out. I put myself before her. I can't tell my family, they'll be angry with me. Angry in my stupid drunk actions. Perfection just walked out that wooden door in front of my eyes.

A future of stories
Kiss you good mornings
Gone, and it's what I deserve

I walked back into the bedroom that we now used to share.

Flashbacks of us kissing each as we woke up each morning.

Flashbacks of us talking about what we see in the future.

It's all gone now.

I can't find the words to say
When someone asks how you've been
I don't know the protocol
For fixing a, fixing a broken heart

I'm utterly speechless. I can't even think straight at the moment.

"Joel!" I hear Richard call me out from my daydream.

"What?" I questioned.

"It's you're turn to record your vocals for Beso." He stated.

"Oh, okay." I shook away the thoughts of her.

Once I recorded my vocals for our newest song, I sat back down on the couch.

"So, how are you & Renee doing?" Chris asked me and I felt my heart broke even more.

"All I can say is, I don't know the protocol for fixing a broken heart." I frowned.

I call your answer phone
Hope that you're not at home

"Hello, you've reached Renee, sorry I missed your call. Please leave a message after the beep!" I heard her voice say and I hung up.