Chapter IX

My eyes turned toward those of my oppressor. Sweat dripped from my face, landing softly on the ground. I was frozen like a statue as its red eyes glared me down.

The sun was against my back as it was on the verge of settling itself down.

How did it get here? It was impossible, but yet standing before me was a creature from that world; the one Ash had killed. It was waiting for me to move, taunting me with a menacing aura.

I couldn't fight it here, too much was at stake. I rushed towards the open plain of pasture. Hoping my sudden motion would give me time and Ash would soon follow.

It laughed with a deep tone as it spoke, "Domenic, we have come for you."

Its feet pounded into the ground with a devastating quake. It was fast, in seconds it was breathing upon me.

My instincts told me: Duck!

Swoosh!!!!

A rush of wind passed me, had I not ducked, it would have certainly taken my head.

Now it stood before me, blocking my path.

What was my next move?

"Almost had your head," as a large mocking tongue came out revealing rows of sharpening teeth.

It made its intentions clear. Yet it seemed different from before. Maybe my eyes were playing tricks however, for one moment it seemed distorted. I could see through it for a small fraction of time.

Was it just me wanting not to believe that this was real. I glanced back at the house, but there was no sign of Ash.

"How are you able to talk?" I asked it.

"How do you think?"

"Is it only you that could learn and speak this way?"

"We have long spoken and we will satisfy our hunger upon you."

I squeezed my hands into a fist as I asked, "Do you work for Lilith?"

It paused, I noticed this sudden change as it contemplated the name.

"That name has no meaning to me. The only thing that matters to us is your death," it said, before it rushed me again.

I couldn't tell which way to go, and I waited for the last second to use its overzealous nature against it.

It swiped at me from the left, way too early, and as I shifted myself in anticipation. I gave it a strike of my own, a sweeping kick.

It flew over me, but as expected my attack didn't even register. Then I saw it, hidden within the side of it, a naked human.

The figure was engulfed within a thick sheet of black. What I had seen earlier was not my imagination, its body was really distorted.

"How did you get here?" my eyes measuring the distance between us.

"Hate and as long as it exists, I will forever find you. Did you think it would stop? It only ends when you die. When you suffer like we are."

"So it is Samael then, he put you up to this?" I asked, trying my best to peer into the mind of this monster.

I had to pass more time. I knew within me that I could not defeat it alone. Was it possible to even outrun it? I had shifted to this plain if only to keep those in the house safe, but it now seemed to be a dangerous move. I did not anticipate it would have been this fast.

I could not see or hear Ash, nor did I know if she knew what was happening. I looked at the window where the study is. Would she hear me if I shouted? I wondered? My eyes peered back onto this creature if I did that I probably would be dead even quicker.