Epilogue

Epilogue.

Patricia sat on the dock, looking at the river, beside her dog Ace. It had been two days since the episode in her room. She had moved in with her aunt permanently. Patricia was a new girl. She was finally free of all fears and free of all restraints. Although the death of her mother still saddened her, but her mother’s efforts have not gone in vain.

Suddenly, Patricia felt movement beside her. She turned and saw that it was Liam. He smiled at her and she returned the favour.

“Thanks for trying to help me,” Patricia smiled, “that day.”

“You help the ones you love,” Liam blustered out. Patricia’s head snapped back and she stared at him. Liam sighed. “Look, Patricia, I like you, a lot.”  Liam smiled and Patricia smiled back.

“I like you too.”

“Then, miss Patricia Williams, will you please go out with me?” Liam asked, nervously.

“I would love to.” Patricia replied. Both of them looked at the setting sun, as Ace barked at it.

So maybe Patricia’s life wasn’t perfect, but there were moments which made it perfect.

*

Patricia's mother's funereal rolled in soon enough. She really let it out that day. She had learned the hard way to not keep it in. She wasn't embarrased to cry. No one would blame her. The one thing that brought a smile to her face was the fact that all those years of sacrifice her mother had made for her didn't go to waste. All her mother ever wanted was for Patricia's shell to break and for Patricia to smile always.

And yes, many things in life still are scary for her. They always will be. If we didn't have those things, life would be too bland. Too uneventful. She had learned now that you can never run away from your fears, it would just chase you and when it does it'll be twice as hard to face it. You can't hide either. If you show courage though, you can chase it away or even kill it.

__

Hey again. Sorry for totally killing the story in the end. Really, I'm sorry. ;(

The whole point of this story in the start was for people who went through something like this, to give them a bit of courage. Because of the Watty's that point got lost but I hope this brought it back.

I am probably not supposed to be doing this. The ending date is long gone. But you know what! I DON'T GIVE A CRAP. If they want to disqualify this story, so be it. :D

I did this for everyone.