Chapter 6

The next morning, everyone was scrambling to get ready for the graduation party.

However, I had called off my fashion staff, stating that for once, I'd like to try and style myself. With no disrespect meant to their work, I wanted to embrace life as a normal nineteen year old at least once.

I dug through my closet before I found the cutest jumpsuit ever.

See when other people pick out my outfits, I don't get to appreciate the hidden gems in my wardrobe

See when other people pick out my outfits, I don't get to appreciate the hidden gems in my wardrobe. But here she was.

I paired it with some cute open-toed heels. I then moved to do my hair, curling it slightly, and then finally I did my makeup, applying a small amount of mascara, blush, and lipstick.

I looked at myself in the mirror, satisfied with how I had made myself look.

Since I had time to kill, I sat on my bed opening my notes up that I had made about the campus queen and her strange signet ring.

The stone on her ring was an opal, black as night. But I had never heard of a clan who had worn an opal ring.

From what I had researched, there hadn't been any upstart clans or revived clans trying to build up a force either.

But I couldn't shake the thought of how aggressively she had attacked me. She had pure rage in her eyes. Like she had years worth of resentment.

"Areum, it's me. Can we talk?" It was Seonghwa.

I sighed, putting away all of my notes. Couldn't have him ratting me out to anyone again about my investigation either.

"Yeah come in," I said.

He came in, avoiding my eyes.

"We need to talk," he said closing the door behind him.

"Yeah no kidding," I scoffed.

"Areum, I had no choice! You are the Princess of our country! And someone decided it'd be funny to hurt you. I couldn't get a good look at the girl, but I at least needed to report that you got hurt by her. I mean she caused you major damage! It's my job to make sure that you're safe, and clearly someone else has other plans. Not to mention that she was your school bully. There are consequences for bullies," he defended.

"Seong, you don't think I know that?! Of course I didn't want her to do anything and was shocked when she hurt me, but Seong, I'm a grown girl who can deal with her problems. People who aren't me deal with people like her everyday. And a good portion of the time, no one sticks their neck out for them. So why am I any different? If it were any other person I would've put a stop to it a while ago, but she only has it out for me. As irritating as she is, I've seen her with other people. She's not as much of a witch as she is with me. She's got a grudge. Let it go. That's what I have to deal with," I argued.

Seonghwa gave me a desperate look, "Areum, stop saying things like this! Just because you're the Princess doesn't mean people have a right to take their dislike for your family out on you. You're still a kid Areum."