Chapter 11

Areum POV

The morning we were all departing for aquamarine clan's estate, we received our first dropout of the season.

For a second my heart dropped thinking it was Mingi, but luckily I was wrong.

"Your highness, it has been an honor to try. However, I do not believe I will be a proper fit for the crown. The rose quartz clan always supports you and will stand with you forever," Seong-Hun announced.

I bowed politely at the man, "Of course. I understand Mister Choi. I hope you find happiness and love in your own right and thank you for choosing what you felt would be right for the crown. Tell your family I'd love to visit them soon."

The guard accompanying Seong-Hun escorted him back to the palace where he and his family would pack up their stuff, collect their pay, and return to their estate.

The rest of us bade farewell to the zircon clan and headed off to the estate of the aquamarines.

The area where the Lee family resided was nothing short of fitting for their signet stone. They were aquamarines and were known for their lovely beaches and spas.

The second we arrived I was ushered away by the Lee clan's stylists.

"We're going to welcome you in at the beach, so we've gotta dress you accordingly," one of them explained.

And so my hair and makeup was redone, and they dressed me in a gorgeous swimsuit. It was a red, yellow, and blue one piece with a cut out in the right side to show some skin.

Seonghwa picked me up from the changing room, instantly wrapping me in a towel and shielding me from prying eyes like an older brother.

We eventually arrived at a deserted beach where the only other people were guards, the Lee family, and the suitors.

And by the looks of it, it looked like the belle of the ball had arrived.

The boys' eyes, except for Mingi and Wooyoung, seemed to be glued onto me, making me shifty and uncomfortable.

Seonghwa looked peeved, "Please stop staring the Princess down or we'll have to call this off."

They all reluctantly looked away, giving me time to set my towel down.

I was still young and the age ranges of my suitors extended from twenty to thirty, so it was quite uncomfortable to be the only female, who was still in her teenage years, to be surrounded by all these adult men.

"Princess Areum, welcome to paradise!" Sung-Soo exclaimed, handing me a local drink.

I took a sip of the drink, enjoying the tropical flavors of the drink.

Sung-Soo was glued to my side, sharing the beauty of his beaches with me.

I was enjoying a nice conversation with him when a firm hand pulled me into their arms.

I grimaced when I figured out who it was.

"Ah Princess, it's nice to have you in my arms again," Young Gi's voice sent an unsettling chill down my spine.

"Let go," I said firmly.

"No. You haven't taken me out on a date in a while. You keep focusing on everyone else. Give your king some loving baby," he purred.