Chapter 18

To finish off the last week of the social season, I had planned fun activities that I had grown up doing. Of course the only people participating were Young Gi and Mingi, but I decided to include some of the guards and the staff just to make it more eventful.

Today, we were doing one of my favorite things, archery!

Alongside taekwondo and horse riding, my father had also taught me the way of the bow and arrow. It wasn't for any particular reason, but it was fun.

I was waiting at the field, setting up the bows and the targets.

Seonghwa grinned, "You're rather excited."

"You know how much I love archery," I said.

I pulled a bow out of my holster and lined it up in the bow. I pulled back, closing an eye to see the direct center of the target. And then I let the arrow loose, letting it soar right into the middle of the target.

"Excellent as always your highness," Seonghwa joked.

Soon enough the two suitors and the staff I had invited all showed up, confusedly trying to figure out what to do with the bow.

My mother was watching us from her little balcony, her eyes particularly on Young Gi and his guard.

I remembered my father's words.

A quarter or half of the guard might be under Young Gi's lead.

My grip on the bow tightened.

"Princess, I'm in dire need of assistance!" Mingi called out, his friends beside him, trying to figure out the bows.

My expression softened, and I walked over to help them out.

The other three got it when I showed them, but Mingi was struggling. Albeit, it was on purpose.

I moved behind him, putting my hands above him and positioned the bow and arrow properly.

"Doesn't this remind you of the horse ride," he whispered.

"Yeah, it does. It reminds me that you are not very good at this kind of stuff," I teased.

He pouted, "Hey that's not nice."

I grinned cheekily, helping him line up the bow to the target.

"Thanks princess," he mused, sending giddy shivers down my spine.

Once everyone was set up, I addressed everyone.

"Alright, I want to thank you all for coming out today and helping us put a lovely close to our social season. It has been a journey that has led me to a very big decision in my life. But for now, we don't need to worry about it. Today, let's just enjoy our activity which happens to be archery. Archery is one of my favorite hobbies as it helps me exhibit control, restraint, and proper form. I hope that at the end of today's activity, you'll have enjoyed it as much as I do. I will start with an exhibition then I'd like to see you all try. Then we can even make it into a competition."

I aligned myself with the middle of the target and pulled the bow back. I released the arrow, shooting it smack in the center. Everyone applauded, but I wasn't done yet. I continued shooting arrows around the one in the center until I had made a heart out of arrows.

"Wow!"

"She's incredible!"

"How does she do that?"

I smirked, "It's all the in the wrist."

I let the others start their target practice, amusedly watching as some arrows hit the target, others soared over it, and others fell in front of it.