Chapter 16 - I Feel You

Standing in front of the full-length mirror in my bedroom, I had been practicing some of my blocking techniques

I was taking a small break, using the time to slowly observe my appearance.

I felt so much stronger since arriving in the Lycan region as with all the intense training I had been subjected to, I had begun to develop a bit more muscle. My trousers were tighter around my thighs and derriere, and I must admit that I quite liked it.

My gaze moved to my arms and I watched the white patches of skin on the back of my hands when I felt a sudden rush of energy hit me.

"Edric..." I murmured

The Lycan King was upset about something.

Grimacing, I closed my eyes and focused on blocking his energy, and I whimpered as my barrier was slowly erected, fighting against the strong pulsations that threatened to consume me.

After a few excruciating moments, I realised that I had completely surrounded my body. At first, I was dazed. Then I was suddenly filled with confidence and power as I understood that I had fully blocked Edric's energy.

With a ragged breath, my eyes popped open.

My body was illuminated with my energy, and the magical glow increased as I stood up properly, squaring my shoulders back as I looked at my reflection. However, I was so concerned about Edric and getting to him that I quickly forgot about what was going on with my body as I dashed out of my chamber and headed towards his study.

Just as I was approaching the large wooden door, it opened, and out walked Faeda, Ghaffar, Klaus, and Eginhard, their faces surprised by my glowing appearance. 

Before I could even greet them, they shocked me by bowing their heads.

Flabbergasted, I momentarily stared at them in confusion before quickly shaking my thoughts clear and bowed my head low in return, bending myself almost in half.

"He needs you," Eginhard's words made me immediately straighten.

Nodding, I excused myself then entered cautiously into Edric's study and closed the door behind me. No sooner than the lock clicked, the Lycan King shouted.

"What is it now?" Edric snarled, as he turned sharply from the window, his grey-green eyes glowering. Upon seeing me, his voice lowered, "Oh, I thought it was one of the Lycans coming back to spew more shit in my ears."

I slowly approached his desk, "Why would you mistake me for a Lycan? Did you not smell me?"

"After the ridiculous little meeting that I just had, I wanted to be left alone, so I immediately closed off my senses as soon as they left. What brings you here, is everything alright? Wait, why are you glowing?" Edric asked, seeming to just now comprehend the change in my appearance.

"Yes and no. I came here because your energy exploded into my room. I actually managed to completely block you out," I said with a triumphant smile, "although, I still have to work on holding it. I fear the barrier will crumble soon, so I came to see if you were alright."