Chapter 26 - A Powerful Love

"Is my woman worried about another man?"

Edric growled softly against my ear, causing a shiver to ripple up my spine.

I did not need to look at him to know that there was a devious yet playful smile on his handsome face. Nonetheless, I took a deep breath and did my best to keep mine straight.

Shaking my head, I replied, "No, should I be?"

"Well, I suppose that would depend on how well-behaved your precious werewolf acts," he stated while continuing to walk beside me.

The Lycan King, the other high-ranking Lycans, and I were heading towards one of the castle chambers that had been transformed to accommodate our discussions on the war. Here, for the last few days, we had been coming up with various strategies as we deliberated over maps of the Malvar Empire's landscape.

Today, the werewolves and humans would be sitting in with us for the first time.

Vizra Rorik and Berengar were also scheduled to join.

News of their carriage having arrived a few moments earlier caused tiny pricks of anticipation to flow through me. It was only natural that I was eager to see my best friend again. But it was obvious that I needed to be careful on how I greeted him.

After all, I was no longer a single woman.

I needed to show respect towards Edric as well as our relationship.

It would certainly not bode well if I were to jump on Berengar in front of everyone. I could just imagine how inappropriate it would look to excitedly greet him with my arms around Berengar's neck while my legs wrapped around his waist.

Even though that was how I had greeted him many times in the past and those embraces were friendly, I supposed that it may not have looked that way from the outside. Especially to Edric and his people.

If a woman, be it Lycan, werewolf, or human, were to jump on my man like that, I knew that it would have caused me to raise an eyebrow or three.

Nonetheless, I was eager to see my best friend again and to train and fight alongside him.

The Lycan King's deep voice brought me out of my thoughts, "Your silence would suggest that you are anxious. Berengar isn't even here yet, and already your attention is drifting away from me. Should I be worried?" Edric questioned teasingly.

"Never, Your Majesty. I only have eyes for you..." I winked as I glanced at him.

On purpose, I then put an extra sway in my hips while I walked a little ahead of him, knowing that he had been watching the curve of my derriere through my fitted pants.

He simply grunted in reply as we entered the designated room.

The newly refurbished chamber featured a large rectangular wooden table with intricate designs carved onto the sides as well as on its legs. At the head, stood Edric's chair. The six high-ranking Lycans were situated in close proximity, three on each side, to be followed by the five Vizras and their first-born who were of fighting age, as well as the five heads of the human healing families with their first-born who were also of appropriate age.