Chapter 18 - Intense Resolve

Three Days Later

Three Days Later...

"That blasted woman!" I snarled while slamming my fist into the wall.

Who does she think she is?

I cannot believe she rejected my kiss.

How dare she!

My upper lip curled and my thoughts raged while I grumbled noisily as I paced back and forth across the floor of my study.

Even days after, the incident kept replaying in my mind as though it had just happened.

After finally pushing aside my own insecurities, I had given in to my feelings and leaned down to kiss Lenna. Just as my lips were about to touch hers, she had placed a finger against my mouth, halting me to ask what I was doing.

I snorted at the memory.

"What other purpose would I have to touch my lips to hers?" I muttered as my scowl deepened.

Unfortunately, Lenna was not convinced that I was going to kiss her simply because I wanted to. In her mind, she believed that I was only doing it as a reason to help her get stronger through strengthening our emotional bond.

We ended up arguing about it, of course.

I stated that she could have simply used her powers to see my true feelings and purpose. Instead, she had the impudence to look me in the eye and reply 'I do not feel like it right now' the nerve of her, I swear!

"She drives me absolutely fucking mad!" I shouted, causing the windows in my study to rattle.

But as much as Lenna made me crazy, I would not change a thing about her. 

I did not want to admit it, but with each day that she grew stronger, I could feel a part of me growing with her as well. Especially since that day when she had inserted some of her own energy into me, I felt a resilience in my body that I had never felt before.

Even when I had shifted that night, on our first run with Gyllir, it was as though I was rejuvenated somehow. Of course, I did not tell anyone as at first, I thought that I may have been imagining things. But now, over a week later, it was obvious that she had changed something within me.

Perhaps Lenna knew this as well. Why else would she think that I was just using her for her power?

Yet, to me, I felt like she had to have known the certainty of my true emotions. Though, the more I thought about it, I figured that she probably wanted me to show her that I wanted her, not out of obligation, but because of my feelings for her.

It was in that moment that I slowed my pacing, my frown lifting. I decided right there and then that I would find a way to make Lenna believe that I wanted her.

Not as the Lycan King, but as Edric.

A sudden and brief knock on the door pulled me out of my thoughts.