Chapter 3

After art class, I headed to lunch. I walked in, got my food, and walked to where Jacob was sitting . "Hi Jacob" I said hugging him from behind."Hey Lia" he said smiling. I sat down and in less than 1 minute everyone else sat around us. Matt sat next to me and poked my sides while I wasn't paying attention. I squealed and turned around to Matt who was laughing. I glared at him and all the guys laughed. "Hey we should all have a movie night tonight" Nash said. "That would actually be really fun." I said. What time should we start? It's the weekend so we can stay up late like any other day" Jacob said. "How about 7:00?" Jack J said. Jacob looked at me and I nodded. "Sounds good!" Said Jacob. We planned for a few more minutes before the bell rang and we all shuffled out of the lunch room. I walked to study hall with my brother and the Jacks. We walked in and sat down at a random seat and continued planning the movie night. The Jacks were gonna come early to hang out and make some snacks. When the final bell rang I walked out to my car to see Noah waiting there. I heard footsteps and looked back to see the school bully Mark Edwards walking towards me. I was frightened but I wouldn't show it because then he would just think I'm weak. "So how's little Miss worthless doing without her friends to help her? Hmm?" He said. I didn't know what to do so I walked towards the seat and put my stuff in the back seat. I kept ignoring him until he slapped me across my face. "Don't ignore me or him you little attention whore." Noah growled at me. I looked up at his eyes and they were a darker blue than they usually were. At this point I was terrified. I gulped and then he says "listen here you bitch. You should have NEVER embarrassed me in front of the whole school. You have no idea how much you are going to regret doing this. I don't know what I saw in you. You're a worthless little bitch. You're never gonna have your happy ending." Tears were forming in my eyes and I was looking at the ground. "I said look at me!" He screamed as he punched my stomach. I groaned as I clenched into my stomach in pain. He smirked evilly before he punched my nose and I fell to the floor. I couldn't see but I saw Mark tower over me across from Noah and they started kicking me. I couldn't speak or move. All I could do was cry and whimper. Then the unexpected happened. I let out a cry of pain. They laughed but didn't stop. They kept saying to me "you worthless piece of shit. We hate you no one loves you. No one will ever love you. Kill yourself. Cut your damn vein." Everything I saw was a blur. Then all of a sudden I didn't feel anything. No kicking, no screaming. I felt someone pick me up. I didn't see who it was. I have glasses at home but I don't wear them to school. I heard a car door open and close as I felt my legs and back on the car seat. I heard an all too familiar voice whisper in my ear "I'll be back try and stay awake for me." My vision started clearing up and I heard my brother yelling but I couldn't tell what he was saying. After a while, I heard two car doors open and my head was moved from the car seat. I had my eyes closed and I heard Jacob talking to someone. " Dude we all know you like her. Why don't you just date her? She just got out of a breakup why would she want to date me?" Jack G said. Wait, Jack likes me? "Give her time and she'll give in. For now just help me by trying to wake her up." Jacob said. I still had my eyes closed and I felt someone stroking my hair. I stirred around and heard Jack G's voice saying " wake up please. Open your eyes, please please wake up Thalia. I opened my eyes and saw Jacks face. He smiled softly but his eyes showed sadness. The car stopped and I tried to get up but my head started pounding. I winced and got up slowly. Jacob came to me and hugged me. He embraced me and I hugged him back. We walked into our house and I changed into a pair of leggings and a long sleeve shirt. I went to the bathroom to clean myself up. I looked terrible. My nose had blood on it and my stomach had two bruises the size of Mars. Once I cleaned myself up I went downstairs and saw Jack and Jack and Jacob sitting around the Tv.