Chapter 8

"Thalia can we talk?" Jack asked.

"Well we are now" I tried to say loudly. Nothing loud would come out of my mouth.I motioned him to come in and he sat next to me on my bed. I continued watching American Horror Story until he spoke up. "I'm sorry about today" he muttered. I looked at him and he had guilty look in his eyes. "I got jealous of Luke I guess. I thought he would take you from me." He babbled out. He kept saying that he was sorry and he wouldn't stop so I grabbed his face which made him shush quickly. "Jack I said it was fine. He's my partner for science and we had music class together and he introduced me to his friends and I didn't want to seem rude and just leave them. I hanged out with them and showed them around school. I like them but only as friends. You have nothing to worry about" I said my voice cracking every now and then. He sighed as if a weight was lifted off his shoulder and he hugged me. "Get some rest for your voice. We don't need you to strain it." He said and I smiled. "So are we still gonna go on our date in Friday?" He muttered. I nodded slowly and he smiled a cheeky smile. I nuzzled into my pillow and continued watching TV. Jack sat closer since he was sitting at the edge of the bed. I was sitting semi straight on the back of my bed and Jack sat next to me. I wanted more ice cream therefore I went downstairs and served myself another bowl of ice cream. I went back upstairs to see my brother sitting in my bed. I sat down and continued eating my ice cream.

I watched almost about half of the show before I headed downstairs. I saw we had pasta and some chicken and some Alfredo sauce. I really wanted pasta so I decided with that. I heard a knock at the door and my brother went to open it. Jack J came in along with Jessica and Matt. "IT SMELLS SOOO GOOD" Matt said as he entered the house. I smiled as Jessica walked in and said "he asked me on a date" I smiled and said "really? He's so shy" she laughed and we just talked there while she took the plates out and I served. I helped hand out the plates and after we put them all on the dining table we began eating. "Holy shit Thalia are you gonna become a chef?" I smiled as I blushed. "This is so good Thalia" Jack J said. "Guys I'd respond but I'm sorta in vocal rest" I croaked. They went from laughing to serious. I chuckled as I continued eating.

Once everyone finished eating, we sat around the TV and just watched random shows. After a while they left because homework and school tomorrow. I took some medicine for my throat and made myself some tea with a little lemon. I sat in the countertop as I sipped my tea carefully not to burn my tongue. "How's sick wittle Thawia" Jacob mimicked while smiling. I glared at him and said "stopppp" I sat straight when I realized my voice came back. I got happy and continued sipping my miraculous tea. Once I finished, I checked the time and it was 7:45. Jack and Jack were still in the house watching TV. I sat at the corner of the couch and went on my phone.

"Well aren't you just a social butterfly" Jack G said as he took my phone and sat next to me. I whined as I tried reaching for my phone. He had long arms and I was so tiny so I just slumped down and pouted. I watched tv for a while and Jack wasn't paying attention to realize his arm was lowered back on his leg. I slowly scooted over and I attempted to reach for my phone. I ended up falling my entire upper body in his legs. I blushed as he scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. I quickly reached up and grabbed his wrist and brought it lower to me. I tried to grab my phone but he had a death grip. I rolled my eyes as I looked at him. He was looking back at me with a smile creeping on his face. I smiled as he wasn't paying attention and quickly took my phone out.

I stuck my tongue out at him playfully and he shook his head while smiling. He muttered "I'm in love with the cutest and childish girl ever" I blushed and he smiled. I yawned and my eyes were getting droopy. I laid down somehow in the couch. I ended up having my legs over Jacks and my head in the corner of the couch with a pillow. I was watching tv when my eyes merely began to droop again. "Aw guys she looks so cute asleep" I heard someone say as I finally fell asleep.

~~~•Next Day•~~~

I woke the next morning in my bed. I did my morning routine, and wore a Nirvana t- shirt and black skinny jeans. I grabbed an apple when I was downstairs and walked to the car. Jacob walked in and we drove to school. The bell rung as we entered and we went to English class. I sat there and almost fell asleep. The classes went by quickly and lunch rolled by. I sat with my brother and his friends and silently ate. I really had a horrible headache so once the bell rung I went to Spanish class. I put my head on the desk and just sat there. Calum sat next to me and said "you're so mopey today, what's wrong?" I lifted my head and said "I just have terrible headache and I probably should've stayed home because I feel so sick." My voice was strained and I could barely speak. He nodded and said "I hope you feel better" I smiled and I sat there with a laugh here and there because of Calum getting in trouble as the bell rang and I left class.

I decided to walk home since after all it was actually nice out. It was a good 20 minute walk so I took out my earbuds and began listening to music. 'I See Fire' by Ed Sheeran came on went I pressed the shuffle option. I walk at a normal pace until I hear I a hear a voice I'm too familiar with. "Hey whore where do you think you're going?" Marcus growled. "Um I'm going home if you haven't noticed." I said without turning around. I began walking faster and his footsteps got closer. He grabbed my wrist and twisted
me around to him. I used my free hand and grabbed my back pack and I swung it at him and hit his stomach. He stumbled and fell backwards and I ran. Good thing softball made me more capable of running faster. I ran as fast as I could when I heard a car honk behind me. "Get in!" they yelled I turned and it was Jack. I looked and saw Marcus was catching up. I ran to the side of the car and sat in the passenger seat. Jack G zipped off and stopped at a park. "Are you hurt? Bleeding?" He asked. " I'm fine. He wasn't able to hit me. I hit him with my backpack and sprinted. So much for peaceful walk home" I said still catching my breath. " he grinned and said "you okay though?" He asked still concerned. "Yea I'm good" I said slumping in the seat.

We sat there for a few minutes before he grabbed my hand and said "come on I want to show you something." I got out of the car and walked around to him and he interlaced our hands together. I smiled as we walked through the park into a little bridge. Berkeley Park had always been my favorite park since Jacob and I were little but we never came to this side of the park. We walked into the more forest part of the park and I was basically endlessly laughing at whatever joke he cracked. He stopped and I looked around and there was a little stream. I walked over and dipped my hand in the cold water. I got back up and Jack was looking at me. "Why are you staring at me?" I asked smiling. "Because you're so beautiful" he muttered. I blushed and looked down. He walked closer to me and took hold of my hands softly. "you should believe you're beautiful Thalia. You are so kind, funny and you look adorable when you blush." He said as he intertwined our hands together again. I blushed again even more and he chuckled. I was looking down trying to hide my face from how red it probably was. He put his finger to my chin and raised my head up so I could look at him. He looked me straight in the eyes and said , "I don't know how long it will take for you to know how beautiful you are, but I will make you feel beautiful." He put one of his hands on my waist while the other one was still under my chin.

His face was inches away from mine and I would be lying if I said I wasn't freaking out inside. We stood there for a while just staring into each other's eyes and I was lost in them once again. He leaned in and softly pressed his lips to mine and it was probably the best feeling ever. I felt a little electricity when I kissed Noah but the sparks right now were going everywhere through my body. I kissed back and wrapped my arms around his neck He wrapped his free arm around my waist and my hand went up for his hair and I grabbed a bit of his hair making him groan . I smiled into the kiss before I leaned out. He leaned his forehead against my mine and just stayed like that for a while until he said "let's get you home. Your brother's probably worried" I chuckled and said "okay I'll race you back to the car." I said as I started sprinting while laughing. "Oh you just wait" he said as he started running. I sprinted as fast as I could and I could tell he wasn't too far because I could hear his footsteps behind me. I finally made it back to the car and he made it back almost the same time as me. "Damn you're fast" he said almost not breathing. I laughed a bit as I caught my breath. I hopped in and he drove back to my house.