seven :: child prodigies.

| child prodigies.
_______________

august 16th, 2010

"you know what would be really cool?" i mumbled, head resting against a matte leather acoustic guitar case. i felt two honey irises glance over at my side-profile, watching my eyes, who, suddenly, were entranced, fascinated by the ceiling of the music room.

"hm? what?" the older responded, head turned to face me. his once raven-black strands brushed against my ear, a fond smile plastered on his face, a smile i didn't even have to look at to know was present.

"if... if we could play at the festival," i nervously, quietly admitted, joining my hands behind my head and letting my upperclassman rest his own head against my arm. "y–you know... on the main stage. that would be nice, right, jimin?"

jimin looked back up to the ceiling with me, a chuckle leaving his lips, the sweet sound letting place to a comfortable silence in the room.

it was hot. extremely hot. the scorching sun shone directly on us, white fan placed to our left barely helping with any of that. cicadas chirped, so did birds, the scenery outside of the classroom window wobbling due to the intense heat.

jimin shifted and propped himself up on his elbow, resting his hand against his head and looking at me. i had to stop myself from glancing at his eyes, as i was sure the tips of my ears would turn a bright red. i ended up giving in anyway, the action obviously being what the older expected. his smile widened as he snacked on melon bread, or at least what was left of it, exaggeratedly wiggling his eyebrows. i let out the laugh i was holding back.

he reached the bread out to me, inviting me to take a bite out of the snack.

and i, with no hesitation, happily obliged.

those silent exchanges were probably better than regular conversation. especially in high school, during summer vacation. the club was never shut down during holidays.

teachers always seemed to be absent, always either huddled up in the (air conditioned) teacher's lounge or in their (probably also air conditioned) homes. a perfect excuse to let ourselves unbutton a few centimeters of our uniform shirts, to take off our shoes, letting sweat form against our chests and foreheads.

the classroom's windows were all open, the enthusiastic shouts of the various sport clubs being heard beneath the summery calls of cicadas.

the uncomfortable heat didn't matter. it never did, when i was huddled up against jimin.

the latter, a couple minutes late, hummed at my proposal, before properly responding.

"sounds fantastic. y'know what? jeongguk, we're going to ask for the auditorium right now."

i turned my head to face jimin, our noses now millimeters away. a smile etched itself on my face, his expression quickly mirroring mine. "right now?"

"right now."

as my gaze focused on his plump lips, my face slowly leaning in, feeling his breath against my own lips, jimin quickly sat up, surprising me as he hurriedly reached for the sliding door. "jimin! your uniform! w–wait, replace the des—"