Chapter 2:

An hour-long lunch break was given to all the students that attended Derry High School. During that period, the lot was filled with teens gathered outside, eating or playing with their groups. No one was inside the school unless they were eating in the cafeteria or bathrooms, so Rachel was all alone- or so she thought.
Entering the library, she was met with Billie and the Losers. She immediately froze and turned around to leave. "Rachel! Over here." "Shit," Rachel muttered to herself, before walking to the table full of talkative classmates. "We thought you should meet us," one said, "properly." Rachel sat down awkwardly and the girl spoke up again.

"I'm Bethany.. But you can just call me Beth," she chirped and held out her hand to shake, which Rachel took hesitantly. "I like books and- Anything related to history pretty much- Oh, and puzzles!" Bethany was rather short, with a rounder body type and a little brown ponytail. Rachel gave her a little nod and a smile, before facing the next girl to speak. "Hi, I'm Stacy." Stacy was about average height, very slender and had shoulder length curls that was pinned out of her eyes. Rachel grinned, "Yes, I remember you from earlier." Stacy glared.

"H-Hi, I'm Ellie," the all-too familiar brunette peeped. Rachel smirked, "Talk like that and you'll turn into stuttering Billie!" Rachel joked. Ellie blushed a tad without being noticed by her peers. She was definitely the smartest of the group, about five foot exact, and had coffee colored hair that reached just below her collarbone. Freckles were dotted along her cheekbones and nose, yet Rachel had them all over her face.

One thing that made her stick out more than the others was her famous little, black fanny pack. "So what do ya keep in the fanny pack, Shawty?" Rachel asked with a smug grin stretched across her face. Ellie's eyes widened, "Don't call me that! ...And I keep meds in there." Rachel giggled, "Oh, I wasn't aware that you sold. How much for a capsule?" She held up a few dollar bills, earning a couple snorts from the Losers- except for Ellie, who was furious. "You think you're funny, Trashmouth," she spat out the last part, "They are pills for ME. Oh, and my inhaler... And a couple bandaids because you can never be too careful!" She informed, suddenly forgetting what she was upset about. Her peers laughed, earning confused looks from the girl.

  "I'm Bentley, Billie's boyfriend," the boy of the pack said. Rachel could see them holding hands under the table. Bentley was tall, yet still shorter than Rachel but just half an inch. He had a ginger, curly mess on top of his head and a pretty chill personality, as far as Rachel could tell. "Cool." "I'm going to the bathroom, be right back," Ellie said, rising from her seat and exiting the library.

"So, Rachel, there is one more member of the group- But she's homeschooled, so she's not here," Billie explained, "Her name is Michelle- and she's super nice! She lives on a farm with her grandmother and I can take you to meet her sometime if you want." Rachel smiled at the thought and gave Billie a quick nod, but her mind quickly reverted back to what she was previously thinking about. It's been nearly ten minutes since Ellie has left for the restroom, and Rachel was beginning to get worried. Though, not of the other Losers seemed to be bothered.

Rachel bit her lip. "Hey, guys... I'ma go to the bathroom," she said awkwardly, then left.

She speed-walked through the seemingly endless hallways, trying to find her way to the nearest bathroom that Ellie could have gone to. Rachel hardly spends anytime inside the school, so she's still trying to find her way around. "Stop! Please!" A female voice echoed through the halls, coming from just around the corner. Rachel ran into the bathroom, revealing Ellie sitting on the dirty floor against the wall with a black eye and bloody nose. "Rachel, what the fuck!" Harley screeched.

Rachel turned her head to meet the eyes of her long-time friend with bloody knuckles. Her jaw dropped. "What do YOU mean what the fuck. What the fuck!" Rachel yelled and Harley glanced over at the sobbing girl. "Look, it's no-" Rachel slugged her and Harley fell back into the stall door. "What do you mean?! Look around, Harley. How do you make up an excuse for this shit!" Rachel was fuming and Ellie was desperately trying to control her gushing nose.

Quick footsteps could be heard from a distance, and soon enough to figures appeared in the entrance of the bathroom, followed by two shrieks. Shrieks from Billie and Stacy. Rachel and Harley froze. "Get Ellie to a nurse, now," Rachel demanded, and the two quickly helped her out. "Why are you so protective of her?" Harley asked out of pure curiosity. Rachel slapped her face in disappointment, "I stand up to bullying, moron." Harley, who was at a loss of words, shoved Rachel back against the tiled wall. "You're such a bitch! Remember sixth grade, huh?!" Rachel shoved her back. "We were twelve, dipshit! I wasn't even there until the teacher showed up!" Harley defended herself. Soon enough, a fist fight broke out, and what felt like even sooner, the door swung open, revealing the shocked face of a middl aged high school principle.  "What's going on here ladies?! Stop it, right now!" She broke them up, as more teachers came and helped her out. "Office, now!" She demanded. The two were lead out and met with an entire audience, including Billie, Stacy, Beth, and Ellie. Poor Ellie was tear-stained cheeks and an entire tissue shoved up her nose.

Rachel felt horrible. She felt like there was more she could do to help Ellie. "Faggot," Harley spat. Rachel shot her a glare, "Whore."