Chapter 6:

Rachel shuddered at the memories flooding back into her brain. She panicked internally, 'What do I say? I can't tell her,' she thought. "No, no. He just doesn't love me, that's all." Ellie sighed and rubbed Rachel's arm, "So, does he yell at you, like,  everyday?"

"He does when he's around. But... This may sound a bit odd, but he and my mom aren't ever home. They'll come home once a month- but only for a few days." Ellie gasped, "Rach-" Rachel stopped her, "No, stop. It's fine by me." Ellie tilted her head. "If they're not home, they can't hurt me an-" Rachel slapped her hands over her mouth. 'Shit,' she thought.

Shame was all over her face. "So you lied to me then!?" Ellie exclaimed and Rachel sat up. "Ellie look, I-" "You lied to me! Why?!" Rachel sighed, "I didn't want you to worry."

Ellie groaned internally. "Let's go inside," she said. The two climbed back in through Ellie's window and as soon as Rachel made it in, she locked herself in Ellie's bathroom.

"Rachel," Ellie said quietly from the other side. Rachel jumped at her voice. "I know you haven't talked to anyone about your feelings... It stacks up to the point where you just explode. I won't judge you, no matter what you say."

  Relief washed over Rachel, though she was still a bit tense. She unlocked the door and opened it, revealing a blushing Ellie. "Um, Ellie? You feeling okay?" She asked, brushing her hand over Ellie's forehead.

  However, instead of responding with actual words, Ellie wrapped her arms around Rachel's waist, burying her face into her neck. Taken aback, Rachel hesitantly hugged her back. It went on for what felt like forever for the both of them.

  "Follow me," Ellie said. Her tone had completely changed, making Rachel extremely nervous. Though, she stuck with her confident persona. "Whatever you say, Shortie," she grinned. The two sat down on Ellie's bed. "What are you hiding?" Ellie asked in a deeper tone, her hands wandered to Rachel's sleeves, trying to roll them up in a casual way. Rachel jerked away. "What the fuck?!"

  It's Ellie's normal instinct to stop right then and there, though she was determined to figure out what was up. "You're always wearing long sleeves or jackets, why?" she asked innocently, getting closer to Rachel.

  Rachel was in awe. 'What's gotten into her?' she wondered. Without wanting to hurt the girl in anyway, Rachel gently shoved Ellie back. "...Ellie, we just met today. Let's get to know each other, first."
Ellie sighed and nodded.

  She knew there was something wrong. It was right in front of her. Rachel scooted back on the bed, her back facing the bed frame and padding the space in front of her, where Ellie soon sat. "Tell me about yourself, Ellie bear," Rachel smirked and Ellie rolled her eyes.

  Ellie began to yap about her deceased mother and her medications, while Rachel observed her appearance. Her eyes were what caught the curly haired girl's attention. They were beautiful to her, almost like a doe's.

  Ellie suddenly ended her speech about her life, causing Rachel to snap out of her trans. "So," Ellie said, slowly inching her hand closer to Rachel's. She was desperate and needy, and new she had to claim Rachel sooner or later.

  "Ellie, your holding my injured hand," Rachel said with a laugh. "Oh- I'm sorry," she apologized and let go. Rachel smiled, "It's oka-" but before she could finish, Ellie's hand touched her cheek and leaned in.