Chapter 10:

Harley reached out her arms and took Rachel in, before sinking down to the floor. Rachel sobbed softly into her shoulder. "Everything's going to be alright, I'll be here for you," Harley assured, taking off Rachel's glasses to wipe them down.

"Who are you going to tell?" Rachel sat up and wiped her eyes. 'She's so pretty without her glasses,' Harley thought, before shaking her head and pushing the thought far back. She put her glasses back on her face. "Thanks. I don't think I'll tell anyone, not yet." Rachel responded.

  Harley sighed, "You need to tell someone, Rach, for support. At least tell Billie." She pondered for a moment, before nodding and slowly standing up. She took a look at herself in the mirror. Her eyelids were puffy and shaded crimson.

  "You think you're ready to go back to your friends?" Harley asked, gently rubbing Rachel's back. Rachel shook her head, "No. I need a few."

  "Jesus, where is she?" Stacy asked, causing Ellie to become a little more worried. "Probably smoking," Beth commented. Billie shook her head, "I know h-her. She left without say-saying where she was going bec-cause she wants to b-be alone. Let h-her be."

  Several minutes had gone by before the curly haired girl returned. She had finally calmed down, her face revealing nothing of what had happened. "Hey Rach, s-somebody missed ya," Billie smirked. Ellie beamed with joy. "Rachel! Where did you go?" she asked. "Just had to make up some work," Rachel responded, gently tugging at a strand of her hair. "Hey, my hair!"

   The group left the school with one thing on their minds: Sleepovers. "Alright, then how ab-about everyone at my house tonight? Mich-Michelle left t-town yesterday, so she w-wont be here," Billie settled. After exchanging nods, the group decided they'd stay at Billie's house.

  "Where really were you during lunch?" Ellie asked, as the two girls entered the home. Confused, Rachel answered, "Talking with the science teacher about skipping class." Ellie stopped in her tracks, "Earlier, you said you were making up work.

  Rachel's eyes widened, "Yeah... I was also doing that. I missed a lot of work because I skip a lot- y'know." "Rachel?" Ellie looked her in the eyes, "Are you lying?"

  Rachel was, indeed, a good liar, but not when it comes to lying about lying. "It's complicated, El." Ellie could feel her heart break at the realization that Rachel had lied to her, though she kept her pain silent and continued walking deeper into her house.

They silently walked up to her bedroom and began packing their bags. Ellie stumbled into the kitchen and left a note for her father, saying she was going to help a friend "study".

  They started their short walking journey to Billie's house just as the sun started to set, painting the sky a variety of oranges and yellows.

"Come in," Billie greeted, holding the door for Rachel and Ellie, "My p-parents left for dinner, b-but they'll be bring-bringing some back fo-for us." The three made their way into the basement, where lied six sleeping bags. Billie's basement had always been the best hangout spot in her house. There was plenty of comfy seating provided by the sofas, a big projector screen hung up on one wall, and lots of fairy lights and wall decorations.

The remaining losers were already there, settled down and digging into the snacks. "Hey guys, Bentley waved with a mouthful of potato chips. Rachel took hers and Ellie's bags and set them down on their chosen sleeping bags, "So, what do y'all wanna do?"

Billie pondered, "I g-guess we can wat-watch a movie."
"Then, truth or dare!" Beth chirped. Stacy gasped, "Yes!" The rest of the group exchanged nods.

"Okay, then... Wh-what movie?" Billie surveyed. "Uh, The Goonies, duh," Bentley said, as if it was obvious.

"B-Bentley, we watch th-that almost every t-time."
"It's tradition, Billie."
"Fine."

Billie put the DVD in, trying to ignore Bentley's cocky smirk. The lights were turned off, leaving the room dark, except for the television illuminating the teenager's faces. Ellie has made her way onto Rachel's lap, wrapped in the taller girls arms, while Billie was curled up with Bentley.

The room was filled with movie sound effects and frequent reactions from the group, but soon enough, it was over.  "Oh my god, that was good!" Beth squealed. "Beth, you've seen it at least seven times," Stacy snickered as she reached for the lights.

Groans filled the air as the lights flicked on, flashing their eyes. "Really, Stacy?" Rachel complained, rubbing her eyes. "Oh, so we're just gonna play truth or dare with no lights?" Stacy snarled. Rachel rolled her eyes at that. Bentley grinned, "So, who's ready?"