chapter 15:

(sorry for late post)

  "Rachel," the nurse said, her eyes glued to the screen, "Tell me more about your pain." Rachel pondered as Dr. Jones grabbed a stethoscope. "I've jus' been bleeding a lot... And cramping almost 24/7." The nurse hummed in response, "-And didn't you say you were experiencing fatigue?"

Rachel nodded as she placed the stethoscope on her stomach. The curly haired girl stayed silent as the nurse listened for a heartbeat, then moved to a different area. "...I'm not getting anything," Dr. Jones stated quietly.

"There's no heartbeat," She said, putting down the stethoscope. Rachel was in awe, "A-Are you sure?" Dr. Jones nodded, placing her hand on Rachel's, "I'm sorry."

Rache didn't respond, she didn't know what to say, or how to feel.

-

"Rachel!" Billie happily greeted the taller girl with a hug. "How'd it go?" Harley questioned. Rachel, still being taken back, left the explaining to the nurse.

Dr. Jones cleared her throat. "The baby passed," she stated, a gloomy aura filling the space. Billie's jaw dropped. "...Shit," Harley slowly muttered, before taking Rachel in for a hug. "Stop, it's fine," Rachel stated, pushing her away.

Truth is, Rachel felt bad for the fetus, as it could've had a life. Though, it probably would've been a bad one. "No procedure needs to be done since it happened so early. But you'll experience a lot more blood and tissue exiting your vagina," the nurse explained quietly, as there were other people in the waiting room.

-

"L-Let's go," Billie suggested. They'd been sitting in the waiting room for at least ten minutes as they mourned. The double doors swung open, revealing a tall, elegant brunette woman. "Billie, what are you guys doing here?!"

"M-Mom?" Billie looked frightened. Harley stood, "Mrs. Zacara Denbrough! I don't believe we've met yet." The two shook hands. "-And you are...?" she questioned. "I'm Harley Bowers, a friend of Rachel's."

Even Rachel hadn't ever heard Harley talk so politely to someone (besides her father). Zacara furrowed her brows, "Why are you girls doing at the hospital? Billie, you had me worried sick!"

"I'm s-sorry, Mom. We j-just..." Billie started, then paused, not knowing whether she should explain why they were there. "I'm pregnant," Rachel blurted out, "-Was."

Zacara paused, her eyes widened, "What? Was?" Rachel sighed, "My dad- He... raped me." The woman gasped, "Oh my God! Darling, when?!"

"2 months? I dunno... I took a pregnancy test not too long ago and it tested positive so here I am," Rachel explained. "But what do you mean you were pregnant?" She questioned.

"Miscarriage," Billie answered. Tears welled up in the woman's eyes, "I'm so sorry, honey." She hugged Rachel tightly. "Your father will be arrested for what he's done,"Zacara claimed.

Rachel sighed, "No, just leave it. It's fine." Billie's mother almost laughed, "Fine?! You were raped! Don't you want him to be locked up so he can't hurt anyone?"

Rachel stayed silent. She wanted to argue but she was physically too exhausted to. From waking up too early to having a damn miscarriage. "Also," Zacara began, "Your doctor gave me this slip."

Rachel rolled her eyes. "May I see your wrists?" she asked. "What? No," Rachel said. "Dr. Jones said they look pretty bad."

"So, what? They're scars. You dunno how old they are... Plus, I don't do that shit anymore," Rachel said. Zacara sighed, "At least stay with us tonight... I don't want you to be with your father right now." Rachel shrugged, "Maybe tomorrow night. I'm going to Ellie's tonight."

  "Okay, then," Zacara agreed, "Mind if I give you girls a ride home?" she asked, referring to Rachel and Harley. "That's okay," Harley budded in, "Me 'n Rach are going on a walk anyway."

-

  "That was a fucking nightmare," Rachel exclaimed, balancing on the curbside as she and Harley walked. "So what was the slip Billie's mom was talking about?" Harley questioned.

  Rachel sighed, "Nothing... It doesn't matter- I quit." Harley rolled her eyes, "Still," she bugged, "What was it for?"
Rachel snatched a cigarette from Harley's hand, lighting it and taking a quit huff, "Therapy."

  Harley's eyes widened, "You're gonna reject it? ...You kinda need it, dude."
Rachel laughed out loud, "That's hilarious. I ain't going to fucking therapy." 

  Harley snatched the cigarette back, tossing it to the ground and stepping on it. She held up the pack, "If you want this, you gotta go to therapy."

  Rachel crossed her arms over her chest, "Y'know, if I really wanted to, I could jus' go buy another pack at almost every store." Harley rolled her eyes at that, "Discipline yourself, hoe. You wonder why the damn baby died."

  Rachel stayed silent. "Look, Rach, Listen. Therapy could actually help an-" The shorter girl cut her off, "I'm not going to some dumb ass to tell 'em my issues. I ain't gotta talk to anyone- I'm fine!" Harley didn't respond. "Look, I'm upset about the kid, yeah, but I'm relieved it's gone. I'm not pregnant anymore. I'm fucking fifteen."

  Harley glanced at the girl's sleeves, fighting the temptation to peek. She grabbed Rachel's wrists and lifted the sleeve, revealing fresh scars. "You're still cutting, you dumb bitch!"

  "Chill! I quit in seventh grade," Rachel lied. Harley shot her the look. "Okay," Rachel confessed, "I do it like once a week, no biggie." Harley scoffed, "No biggie," she mumbled back.

  "You're going to therapy. I'll make sure of it," she claimed, drawing a scoff from the other girl. "Okay, Mom."

  Harley grabbed Rachel by the shoulder and stopped her, then stepped in front of her. "You are the only person I really care about, y'know. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I lost ya... So, please, go to therapy- for yourself. -Or for me, Billie... Ellie."

  Rachel pushed her aside and continued walking. "Don't bring her into this shit," she mumbled loud enough for Harley to hear. "She cares about you, Rachel. You two have literally known each other for a week and your bond is stronger than fucking steel... She loves you."

  That caused Rachel to stop in her tracks. "Don't you think love is a strong word?" she questioned, then continued along the street. Harley quickly caught up to her, placing a hand on her shoulder. "Yeah, not one to abuse."