Signs

Ariana's POV:

"It was such a pleasure to meet you Miss Y/M/N, and thank you for lunch." I smile at Y/n's mom.

She offers a sweet smile back and waves me off," oh don't even sweetheart, the pleasure is all mine. I never thought knucklehead over there would find such a great girl."

Having heard her mom, Y/n frowns," dang momma, where's the confidence?"

We all laugh.

"All I know is Y/n you bet not screw up." Samia smacks Y/n's arm.

My baby's lips press into a thin line," and with that it's time to go."

Y/n hugs both her mom and sister, her hug with her mom lasting a few seconds longer. Then I hug them both and they wave us out the door.

I'm expecting us to go back to the hotel but Y/n has the driver take us a few blocks over, she gets out and goes into a flower shop, of course coming back with a bouquet of flowers and then has our driver go further down the block.

He parks in front of a cute little one story house. The flowers lining the bottom of the porch are all vibrant in color, varying from red to yellow to blue. Expect there are a few that seem to be dying and discoloring.

Y/n doesn't knock, she lifts a flower pot by the door and gets a key from underneath.

"Who's house is this?"

"Miss Porter's." She answers." Anthony's grandma. Mine too seeing as I never met either of mine and she was always there for me."

We step inside and soft jazz fills the house accompanied by the aroma of flowers.

"Momma Dee, ya second baby's here!" She calls stepping into the living room.

An adorable older woman sits on the couch. Wrinkles litter her face but none of that matters cause there's a wide beautiful smile on her lips.

"Oh, Y/n!" She exclaims. "Are these for me?" Her shaky hands gesture to the flowers in Y/n's hands.

"Yes ma'am. They're your favorites." Y/n does a cute childish like jog over to her, sets the flowers on the table, and wraps her in a hug. They sway back and forth a little, Y/n ending it a minute or two later with a kiss to Miss Porter's temple.

"Momma Dee I want you to meet my girlfriend," she reaches her hand back for me and I take it," this is Ariana." She pulls me to her side with a proud smile on her face.

The older woman's eyes widen, a smile tugging at her lips," you too? Anthony brought his girlfriend over earlier."

"I know Momma Dee. I met Ariana a little before Anthony met Courtney."

Miss Porter nods then looks at me," well aren't you pleasing to look at."

My cheeks flush at the compliment," thank you Miss Porter, you're very beautiful yourself."

"Oh child," she waves me off," you should've seen me back in the day."

That alone starts a conversation about her past. How she met her, now passed, husband. They met at a roller rink, he was trying to impress her and ended up falling in the middle of the rink but she thought it was cute.

I love her the more I get to know Miss Porter. She reminds me of my Nonna.

She's incredibly sweet with a sassy little attitude to match.

Y/n, after a while, got up to put the flowers in a vase and to make some dinner.

We sat with Miss Porter through dinner and a little after. But she started to get tired so we got ready to leave.