-Chapter 19: Ticking timebomb-

"You'll see a girl with the boy. They're really close, they live together. Bring me the boy." 

A streak of sunlight slowly moved its way to Y/N's eyes and stayed there long enough for it to wake her. Her body was cold to the touch but her head was warm and pounding. While rolling her eyes to the back of her head, her eyelids slid open. Slowly she turned on her back, rolling her hair into the dried-up puddle of blood. With a shaky breath, she pushed herself up, covering her hands in more dried blood. 

You'd think that there's no way that a little hit to the back of her head would create such a bloody mess. But you're forgetting the part where she fell down and hit the cold, hard stone flooring. Not only did she create an open wound side of her face, but she also bit on her tongue and inside her cheek. The blood had been dripping out of her mouth the entire night until it dried up.

"I'm gonna throw up," She said before rolling up on her hands and knees. In the reflection of a very clean silver bucket, she could see just how messy this little incident had gotten. She looked like a zombie when she tried to walk out of the greenhouse. Before she even reached the doorhandle to warn the others, she'd fallen down again. Nauseous and cold, she drifted off again. 

Inside the mansion, approximately a hundred feet away, Thomas woke up in his cozy bed with a headache. He had chased Hamilton during the final moments at the party. He couldn't remember if he finally caught him or if Hamilton just ran back to his house. It didn't really matter to him at that moment. 

"I need air," He mumbled to himself and got out of bed. Pulling open the thick red velvet curtains and letting in some sunlight was just what he needed. As he did, he saw his garden in full bloom. To his surprise, the gardeners were all huddled up together, talking to some of the servants. As Thomas opened the window to 'kindly' tell them to keep it moving, he heard someone running up the stairs. 

"Sir! It's terrible!" One of the servants yelled as he slammed open the bedroom door. "A girl was found, morbidly covered in blood, in the greenhouse!" Thomas almost couldn't believe it. "What?!" He yelled and quickly grabbed a coat from his wardrobe to go outside. 

They made haste and within moments Thomas stood in front of the greenhouse. The glass walls already spoiled the scene long before he had gotten inside. "Oof, that's a doozy," Thomas said and stepped back from the door, looking at the girl who had smeared blood all over his new greenhouse. "Is she alive?" He whispered to the servant. "We checked. She is alive, just not well. We didn't know what to do," He answered. "Get her out, sit her down and wipe the blood off her... everywhere," Thomas said, hugging himself and walking away. 

As he walked back inside, he passed by his rose bushes. "What in the-?" The dried-up roses looked worse than yesterday. "What happened to those?" Thomas asked a nearby Gardner. "They weren't like this yesterday morning!" He said as the Gardner approached. "Seems like they withered," The Gardner said and held one of the roses. "But how? I-... Nevermind, I have to go check up on that girl," Thus Thomas walked away.

Y/N was set on a metal chair in the living room as some maids came with a bucket of water and a towel to somewhat clean her face. Thomas walked in and immediately recognized Y/N. "Oh sh*t," He gasped, immediately walking toward her. "Y/N, can you hear me?" Thomas asked as one of the maids washed her wound at the side of her head. She mumbled something but it was inaudible. Thomas turned to one of the servants. 

"Get Philip Hamilton here, right now!"

Philip didn't sleep. He just sat down on a chair and waited for the sun to rise. Malnourishment was something he had gotten used to over the past few months. Not that he didn't know any better. He did write a bit more about Y/N in his journal while he was holding a pity party for himself.