Home

Peter swung into the small garden outside of Niobe's room. He knew a silent alarm would go off, alerting whoever was in the building.

"You shouldn't be alone right now, Obe," Peter said.

"I needed to step away from everyone," Niobe said

The door burst open. Steve stood with his shield in hand. Peter waved to Niobe and swung out of the area. Steve sat his shield against the wall while Niobe collapsed onto one of her pillows.

"What happened?" Steve asked.

"There was an attack in Times Square," Niobe said.

"Why were you out there?" Steve asked. "I thought you would be with Helen or Anakin."

"He didn't wake up," Niobe said. "I couldn't stand there and pretend I was hopeful."

"What about Helen?"

"She was so apologetic," Niobe said. "Seeing the pain and guilt in her eyes...I know this is not her fault. She did what we asked."

"Anakin will wake up, Obe," Steve said. "He's healed physically, now let him heal mentally."

Niobe collapsed into Steve's chest. He was right. If anything, she should take this time to heal as well. Ever since her arrival on Earth she had been protecting innocents.

"Thank you, Steve," Niobe said. "Perhaps I can rest for a little bit. Can I stay with you for tonight?"

Steve nodded. He picked Niobe up and carried her to his room across the hall. Steve held onto Niobe as she cried herself to sleep...

Sand stung her eyes. The heat from her blade radiated around her arms. Niobe had taken a hit to her thigh, but she was still managing.

Niobe stood close to Padme. While the senator was capable of a blaster, her reflexes were not as quick. Anakin covered her left.

Around them, the bodies of droids and Jedi lay. Padawan learners who were not quite ready to take on this level of battle. They were pinned down, without a realistic way of escaping.