Banksy Level Talent

A/N: Hi, don't feel like you need to be a silent reader. I love hearing from everyone. Comment with kindness.

O - O - O

Niobe stood beside Steve. She had left Tony to his work with Bruce. She wanted to ignore the thoughts of Anakin for a moment. Instead, she would help her friends with their battle. Helen had left hours ago, saying she needed to return to her country to continue her work.

Maria ran her fingers over a tablet. She had found something new.

"He's all over the globe. Robotics labs, weapons facilities, jet propulsion labs, reports of a metal man, or men, coming in and emptying the place," Maria said.

"Fatalities?" Steve asked.

"Only when engaged. Mostly guys left in a fugue state going on about old memories, worst fears, and something too fast to see," Maria said.

"Maximoffs. Well, that makes sense he'd go to them, they have someone in common," Steve said.

"Not anymore," Maria said.

Maria handed Steve a tablet showing a photo of Strucker's dead body with the word PEACE written in blood on the wall next to him. Niobe cringed. The scene was disturbing. Steve turned the tablet away. They had lost a valuable lead. 

Steve gathered the rest of the team and showed them the photo of Strucker's body

"What's this?" Niobe asked.

"A message. Ultron killed Strucker," Steve said.

"And he did a Banksy at the crime scene, just for us," Tony said.

"This is a smokescreen. Why send a message when you've just given a speech?" Natasha said.

"Strucker knew something that Ultron wanted us to miss," Steve said.

"Yeah, I bet he..." Natasha said.

She looked at the computer monitor.

"Yep. Everything we had on Strucker has been erased."

"Not everything," Tony said.

The team began to go through the physical files they have on Strucker. Niobe assisted Tony, laying out photos. The hours passed by, she felt they had gotten no closer to an answer than before. She leaned against the back of a chair.

"Known associates. Well, Strucker had a lot of friends," Steve said.

"Well, these people are all horrible," Bruce said.

"Wait. I know that guy," Tony said.

Bruce passed Tony the photo he was looking at.

"From back in the day. He operates off the African coast, black market arms," Tony said.

Steve gave him an accusing look.

"There are conventions, alright? You meet people, I didn't sell him anything. He was talking about finding something new, a game-changer, it was all very Ahab," Tony said.

Thor pointed to the scar on the back of Klaue's neck.

"This," Thor said. 

Niobe moved in closer to see the raised skin. She had seen markings similar to these on slaves on Zygerrian. 

"Uh, it's a tattoo. I don't think he had it..." Tony said.

"No, those are tattoos, this is a brand," Thor said.

Bruce identified the brand on Klaue's neck on the computer through a quick search.

"Oh, yeah. It's a word in an African dialect meaning thief, in a much less friendly way" Bruce said.

"What dialect?" Steve asked.

"Wakanada...? Wa...Wa...Wakanda," Bruce said.

"If this guy got out of Wakanda with some of their trade goods..." Tony said. 

"I thought your father said he got the last of it?" Steve said

"I don't follow. What comes out of Wakanda?" Bruce asked.

Tony looked at Steve's shield.

"The strongest metal on earth," Tony said.

"Where is this guy now?" Steve asked.

OOOOOOO

None sat next to Steve on the quinjet. Closing her eyes, she reached out to Anakin. Memories of Zygerrian brought her to miss him. When she opened her eyes again, she saw Anakin sitting on a couch, looking through a datapad.

"Yes?" He asked.

He had a cocky grin. He knew she would be back. 

"I'm going on a mission," she said.

Anakin sat his pad to the side.

"A mission?" He asked.

"The people I'm with," she said. "They are fighting their own wars. I agreed to help."

Anakin pushed his hair back with a sigh.

"And get yourself killed before I can see you again?" Anakin said. "So much for the usual drama, huh?"

 "So much for the usual drama, huh?"

Niobe grimaced. She had not meant to lie to him. She wanted to keep him from worrying.

"I won't die," she said. "They need help. They have given me shelter, food, and compassion. I owe them this much."

"Let me stay with you," he said.

"Oh my, I was not aware you were that powerful!" Niobe teased.

Anakin rolled his eyes. The great chosen one scoffed at her joke.

"Someone has to look out for you," Anakin said, "introduce me."

The ship came back into view. Anakin stood in front of her, looking over the members.

"The guy flying is Tony," she said. "He's brilliant and a kind soul. The tortured blonde in blue is Steve. He is strong and has been alive much longer than he looks. He has lost many."

"Sounds familiar," Anakin said. 

 "The blonde with long hair is Thor, he manipulates lighting and has the strength of a God. He is not from this world," she said. "Also, I hear he cannot die, but that may have been said to tease me."

Anakin examined the three men. 

"The woman with red hair is Natasha. I do not know much about her but her mind is filled with a darkness she hides from. She is a fierce warrior. The man beside her his Clint, an archer who defies expectations. He can strike with perfect precision with a mere glance."

"And him?" Anakin asked. 

Niobe looked to the brunette man speaking with Tony.

"Bruce," Niobe said. "He is brilliant as well. He managed to transform himself into a giant man who is indestructible. He is awkward but sweet."

"Interesting group," Anakin said.

Niobe shrugged. She enjoyed them, but they could not compare to when she and Anakin teamed up. She knew the relationships the team had were fragile, but anyone could see the love they shared for one another.  

Anakin smiled at her and sat on the empty seat next to her. He, too, was recalling their missions.

"You know, I still find myself surprised we are still alive," she said. "With the adventures you put me through we should have died years ago."

He laughed. The sound was bright and warmed her.

"Obi-wan would agree with you," he said.

They fell silent at the sore subject. There was no longer an Obi-wan. He was a traitor now.

"You have me, Ani."

"I know," he said.

They grabbed onto each other's hand and remained like this until the ship landed, thinking about all they had lost. Anakin was all she had left. He had become a lifeline and she was not sure she liked that.