Chapter 6

Dallon's POV:

I felt bad. Like really bad. I knew I shouldn't have yelled at Brendon especially over Breezy. I knew she was cheating on me. She made that super obvious. It had been 3 days since my argument with Brendon and he completely ignored me. Brendon hadn't been showing up at the lockers. I don't know if he ever came but he never showed up when I was there. Breezy had also stopped coming by. She was avoiding me, just like Brendon. But when I got there this morning somebody else was there. Spencer... I looked him in the eyes and gave him a friendly smile. It had been too long.

"Hey DalPal... stuff has been crazy recently but I think we need to talk," Spencer said giving me a small smile.

I nodded my head in agreement, a lot has happened and at the end of the day, we were best friends. "Im happy you're here Spence... things have been crazy. How have you been though?" I spoke.

Spencer smiled, happy that we were finally talking, "Well life has been pretty chaotic and I've missed you a lot. I didn't know if I could even talk to you." He chuckled dryly.

I gave him a confused face, "You didn't know if you could talk to me? You know I'm always here..."

Spencer shrugged his shoulders and closed his eyes for a split second, "Well I thought Breezy might have my head chopped off if I even somewhat breathed in your direction."

I gave him another look and sighed, "I'm sorry you felt that way... Breezy would never do that though. She is or was a little protective of me..."

Spencer cocked his head but I could tell he knew something was up, "Oh is uh something happening between you and Breezy?"

I looked down at him slightly. Spencer wasn't far off from me height, "Kinda, I think we might break up soon. She's been really close with Ryan again."

Spencer frowned, "Are you not going to try and do anything about it?" I could hear the undertone of hope. He wanted us to break up but obviously wouldn't say it out loud.

"I don't think so. I know things have been kind of rough these past few days and I don't want to force into staying with me." I responded weakly. I was obviously upset. I didn't really know if she was cheating but if she was happy I would try and be happy. For her.

Spencer gave me a pat on the shoulder and gave me a reassuring smile, "You're a good man Weekes. But you also need to think about yourself and what makes you happy. You put other people before you a lot and I feel like you don't think about yourself."

I thought about that for a second. Spencer was right. I did put a lot of people before me and it wasn't a good thing. I nodded in response. I didn't have really anything to say about that.

Spencer pulled out a slip of paper and handed it to me, "I know the bells about to ring and I didn't really know if we'd get much time to talk but, I'm having a party this weekend. Just the guys you know? And o was hoping you'd come."

I smiled at him with a genuinely happy smile. All the guys would be there and we could catch up. "Thanks, Spence. I'll definitely be there!"

He smiled back and nodded, "Awesome! This weekend will fun. And a good distraction."

The bell rang and Spencer began to turn before giving a wave goodbye. I waved back then looked down at the paper. A small summary of the even was written down. I took the paper and folded it small and put it inside my phone case so I wouldn't forget it. I was actually excited about this.

...

Oh no. No, no, no. Of course, he would invite him. They're friends. I'm dumb. I mentally face palmed before pulling down my shirt. I looked around the living room before finally stepping through. My feet gave away my presence as they hit the hardwood floor. Tyler saw me first and came up and gave me a slap in the back.