chapter 22

mattia's pov

blood was very much needed right now, so i went back to Zane's dead body and started drinking his blood. i felt myself slowly regaining my strength and grabbed Zane's phone from his pocket.

"Zane?" alejandro said through the phone, "is everything okay with Mattia?"

"yes everything is perfect with mattia thank you for asking," i answer.

"mattia," alejandro sighs.

"here's the thing bumble fuck," i begin, "now, i am willing to accept your dearest apology if you give me my ring back. and if you don't, i will find skylar and i rip her neck out while you watch okay? okay."

i ended the call before alejandro could say anything else and went back to the living room, waiting for the sun to go down.

trinity's pov

while i was washing call those cars i kept thinking about what happened at the founder's party, how i managed to light up candles with my mind.

i look at the water on the floor from all the hoses and see if i could one light up a fire again. i concentrated really hard on it and saw a small flame appear. and then it got bigger. the water puddle was connected to underneath a car so the flame traveled across the parking lot and lit the car on fire.

everyone was screaming and running except me. it was mesmerizing, i didn't wanna stop.

alejandros pov

"has anyone seen skylar?" i ask.

everyone shook their heads, making me sigh. where is she? i have to go deal with mattia but i didn't wanna leave without telling her.

suddenly, a huge flame arose on a car making everyone scream and run away. i saw trinity staring at the flame and she was standing completely still, like she enjoyed the sight.

i quickly run up to her and start shaking her.

"hey," i shout. "trinity. trinity!"

she snapped out of it and looked at me. "what happened?"

"i don't know," i answer and look back the car. the flame started dying down, "you were in some sort of trance."

trinity looks around. "did... did i do this?"

"yeah.. i think you did.." i stare at her in confusion. "trinity what's your last name again?"

"bennett.. why?"

it makes sense now. trinity bennett, a descendant of a once very powerful witch, emily bennett. they're related, making trinity a witch.

"i just wanted to know," i tell her.

"don't tell anyone about this," she begs me. "please?"

i nod. "your secret's safe with me."

connors pov

"ava where are you taking us?" i ask as she's leading us through the woods.

"i want you to meet some of my friends. this is where we usually hangout," she answers.

we approach a graveyard when i saw 4 people drinking and using drugs.

"ava donovan," one of them says. "welcome back."

she takes his blunt and puts it in my mouth. "this is connor diamond."

they all say hi to me and continue partying.

-

it was getting dark now but ava still wanted to stay.

"hey," said ava, "i got something else we can use."

she passes a bottle of pills to one her friends.

he reads the prescription label, "thank you.. skylar diamond?"

i shoot my head up at her. "you stole that from my sister?"

"she wasn't using it.." ava justifies.

i scoff and snatch the pill bottle out of her friend's hand. "i can't believe you ava." i walk out of the graveyard.

"connor wait," she yells. ava runs and finally catches up to me. "connor i'm sorry."

"you have no business to be looking through my sisters stuff understand?" i shout. ava doesn't saying anything. "what're we doing at the graveyard getting high with a bunch of losers anyway huh? i feel like that's all you wanna do— get high."

ava gives me a look. "those 'losers' are my friends. you know what connor your life is actually going somewhere okay? me? i'm never leaving mystic falls— in 10 years imma still be here waiting tables at the grill and still be coming to this graveyard."

i sigh. "ava i didn't mean like that-"

"no connor just go home," ava scoffs and walks back to the graveyard.

i throw my hands up in frustration and stormed away.

.