chapter 23

mattia's pov

i look outside and saw that sun was finally going down. yes, i drank Zane's blood but i craved more— a lot more. i exit out house and disappear into the woods hoping to find someone.

alejandros pov

by the time i got home it was pitch black meaning mattia probably left the house. but then i remembered something. Zane. i quickly run into the house and shout his name but there was no answer.

when i get to the basement underground i saw his body on the floor with blood all over his neck, just lifeless.

"oh my god Zane." i pick up his head and lay it on my lap.

there's nothing i can do for him now. im sorry zane.

skylars pov

i am not a believer. but what i do believe is people grow old, they die. it's the way of life.

but how can i deny what's in front of me? someone whose wounds heal right after a broken glass cuts them? someone whose eyes changed in a demonic way. someone whose face looks exactly the same after 70 years? (1950-2020). bodies drained of blood every since mattia and alejandro arrived to town.

i needed answers.

salvatore house

was it a mistake to come here alone and confront someone who isn't mortal during night time? probably.

"alejandro." i pound the front door with my fist.

he opens the door. "skylar hey, where did you go earlie-"

"what. are. you." i interrupt him.

alejandro had a slightly shocked expression on his face. he stares at me a for a little bit and then speaks. "you know what i am."

"no," i shake my head. "no, you have to tell yourself."

"i'm a.." he pauses, "i'm a vampire."

fear and hurt immediately take over my body and i run back to my car. i turn around to see if he was following me or not but he wasn't at the doorway anymore.

"skylar." he was now in front of me.

"how did you- how did you get there?"

alejandro grabs my shoulders to keep me still. "please don't be scared of me please. i would never hurt you."

"don't touch me." i break away from his grip and get into my car.

"skylar please let me explain," i hear him shout.

i didn't listen and drive fast.

-

once i got home i slammed my bedroom door and plop down on my bed. this isn't real. it's just a bad dream. vampires don't exist.

i get up from my bed and started pacing back and forth, i just couldn't stay still. then, i felt a slight gust of wind appear behind me. when i turn around i see alejandro in my room.

i widen my eyes and back up but he comes closer.

"skylar please just listen to me," he begs.

"get away from me," i shout.

"i know what you must be feeling right now but i would never hurt you. if i wanted to, i would've done it by now." 

i start calming down a little. "alejandro, please leave."

"you can't tell anyone about this," he says.

"how can you ask that of me?"

"cause knowing this already puts you in danger. let's just please talk about this," said alejandro.

"i want you to leave."

"skyl-"

"if you mean me no harm then you will leave."

alejandro sighs and then looks at me before disappearing out my window. i go up to it and lock it in case he wanted to come back. this isn't happening.

mattia's pov

after going through the woods, i used my super hearing to try and locate some people. voices were coming from the graveyard and then i noticed that i recognized someone. Ava donovan.

she was walking away from the rest of the group to go to their car and turn on the radio, giving me the perfect chance.

i super speed behind her and bite her neck viciously, hearing nothing but her screams. i didn't plan on leaving anyone alive tonight— i'm done playing nice.

-

after i killed everyone at the graveyard i decided to light their bodies on fire. when i got to ava, i was about to drop a match on her body until i saw her move.

"you just don't wanna die do you?" i say out loud, smirking.

she groaned and slightly moved her head side to side.

well ava, you got lucky cause i'm not in the mood to kill people anymore. i put out the match and bring her home with me.

.