chapter 32

alejandro's pov

2 days later

i jolt awake, sensing someone in the room. my eyes scan the room and steady myself in case there's an intruder in here. something to my right super speeds quickly before i can see it. 

"who's there," i shout. 

before i can get out of my bed, someone jumps on top me and hisses at me with their fangs out. i was immediately relieved when i saw who it was.

"lexi," i cover my face. "you scared the shit out of me."

she her puts her fangs away. "shouldve heard yourself. 'who's there'." she giggles. 

"what're you doing here?" i ask as she gets off from me.

"how can you ask me that?" i roll my eyes, knowing exactly why she's here. "happy birthday alejandro."

i look at her. "thank you lexi. thank you for coming all the way to mystic falls."

"come on, it's not every day a guy turns 118 years old," she says. "of course im gonna come visit you."

"well sadly... i'm gonna have to see you later-- i'm gonna be late for school," i grunt as i get off my bed. "why don't you explore the town?"

"not all of us have the those crafty daylight rings you and mattia have," she scolds. 

"oh right, forgot about that." 

lexi gets up from my bed and walks around the room. "wait, why are you going to a high school..?" i dont say anything. "holy shit, is it for a girl? you have a crush how cute." 

"shut the fuck up lexi." i throw my shirt at her. 

she picks up a photo of cassandra from my desk. "i hope she's nothing like your last psycho vampire girlfriend."

if only she knew how alike they actually were...

"no," i say, "skylar's uh different-- she's warm, not cold like cassandra. she's kind, thoughtful, amazing, beautiful on the inside and outside-"

lexi's laugh interrupts me. "oh my god. you're in love with her."

i lick my lips and look back at lexi. "yeah lex, i think i am."

trinity's pov

"grandma," i shout. "im leaving for school-- come say bye to me."

this weekend ive been staying with my grandma cause she's been teaching my about my powers. you should've seen the look on her face when i told her i finally believed that i'm a witch.

grams enters the living room. "okay baby have a good day- what's that around your neck?"

"some ugly crystal chloe gave me for my witch costume," i chuckle. 

"that's no normal crystal," she says running to the bookshelf. she pulls out a book and flips to a page. "that's your ancestor's necklace, emily bennet. it's a very powerful necklace trinity, keep it with you at all times okay? it'll protect you."

i nod. 

"dont let anyone take it."

"i wont grandma."

mattia's pov

call to chloe forbes...

chloe: well look who finally decided to call me.
mattia: yeah hi whatever, where's that amber crystal 
chloe: why do you need it?
mattia: cause it's mine?
chloe: i dont have it
mattia: well where the fuck is it?
chloe: i gave it to trinity. 
mattia: well get it back
chloe: no. bye mattiaaaa
mattia: no- chloe dont you dare hang up- hello?  

damn it.

i use my super hearing and heard alejandro opening the door and closing it. probably left for school. i was about to head out of the house myself until i heard footsteps in his room.

when i get there i saw a girl laying in alejandro's bed with her arm over her eyes, resting. i smirk, recognizing who it was so super speed over to her but she grabs me by the neck and pins me to the bed. 

"hey lexi," i smile. 

"mattia-- long time no see," she says lowly. "i hope you wont do anything to ruin alejandro's birthday."

an idea pops into my mind-- something that would help my case. "oh please, i wouldn't dream of it." 

i try getting out of her grip and reverse the role but her grip tigthens.

"im older than you by 300 years, meaning i am stronger than you. i mean it mattia. if you do anything to ruin alejandro's day, you'll answer to me," she growls. 

"understood," i struggle to say because she was suffocating me.

"what're you even do here in mystic falls?" she asks. 

"i have a plan."

"for?"

"none of your concern," i answer.

"whatever." lexi let's go of my neck and walks away.

after school

chloe walks out of the school and heads to her car in the parking lot. i make my way to her before she can get in and drive off. 

"mattia," she scoffs, "leave me alone."

i grab her and look her in the eyes. "you wanna throw a party tonight at the grill tonight."

"i wanna throw a party at the grill tonight," she repeats.

"and you will get me my crystal," i add.

"and i'll get you your crystal."

"perfect." i kiss her on the cheek. "thank you babe."

.