chapter 37

third person's pov

trinity/emily walks in front of the tomb and starts mumbling a spell.

"emilyyyyy," mattia sings. "dont you fucking dareeeee."

"i'm sorry," trinity/emily reply. "but i cannot let you free all those vampires."

"i'm not freeing all of them," he corrects her. "they're all desiccated. i'll just feed cassandra a little human blood to wake her up and we'll be on our way."

"she's a vampire," said trinity/emily. "i owe her my life, but my debt is over. she's still an abomination to this world-- you are all."

"i thought we got over the vampires are bad people situation," he says playfully. "we had a deal."

"i'm sorry mattia, i really am, but i cannot allow you open this tomb. nature won't allow it."

"fuck your nature shit-- tell the other witches to shove it up their ass."

trinity/emily resumes chanting her spell just as alejandro and skylar arrive.

"i swear to god emily i will kill you," mattia shouts.

"uh no you're not touching her," skylar says.

"sorry, but i don't care about your bff. i want my girlfriend back," he growls. mattia tries super speeding to trinity/emily but a ring of fire appears around her to protect her. fires are fatal to vampires, leaving mattia stuck.

"mattia this for the better," alejandro tries to convince him. "she should stay in that tomb."

trinity/emily, throw the crystal into the air and it shatters into pieces. the key to open that tomb was now destroyed. mattia felt nothing but anger. he waited 100 years to see the love of his life again and now it'll ever happen,

emily's spirit leaves trinity's body and the fire starts to die down, giving mattia a perfect shot at her. so he took it. he super speeds over there and bites trinity in the neck harshly, having no intention of stopping until all the blood was drained from her body.

"trinity," skylar cries.

alejandro pulls mattia away as trinity falls to the floor, lifeless.

"what did you do.." skylar mumbles.

"what had to be done," mattia replies. "she broke our deal."

alejandro bites his wrist and feeds trinity his blood, knowing that it will heal her. in a couple minutes, trinity's eyes flutter open and she started freaking out while grabbing her neck.

"what did you do to me?" she asks mattia, terrified.

"wasnt personal to you," he spat. the anger still hasnt left his body. every time he sees trinity, he sees emily and that fueled him even more.

-

"skylar i dont understand, he had fangs.. and he bit me.. i almost died," said trinity.

"i don't wanna keep things from you anymore," she sighs. "mattia and alejandro... they're vampires. vampire are just as real as witches. ale's blood healed you, it's the only reason you're alive right now."

spells, grimoires, magic.. she was ready for all of that. but she wasn't ready for blood sucking vampires-- she wasn't ready to experience a near death like she did earlier. trinity was terrified and wanted nothing to do with this.

alejandro was leaning against the tree, far away from them but he heard everything, including trinity's breathing rate. he knew she horrified and this was the last thing he wanted.

"wait in the car okay?" says skylar. "i'll take you home."

trinity gulps. "tell alejandro t-that i said thank you." although he did save her life, it didn't make her any less scared of him.

"he can probably hear you," skylar tries to smile but trinity walked to her car.

"is she going to be okay?" ale asks.

"she almost died alejandro. i mean mattia almost killed her." skylar was angry at him for almost ending her best friend's life without blinking. but apart of her felt bad for him.

"i'm sorry about him. he has no limits. not when it comes to cassandra." ale looks down, still in disbelief that the girl that controlled him his entire life... is still alive. "i'm gonna go home and see what he's up to now. i'll see you tomorrow at school?"

"so you're going back to school?" skylar smiles.

"come on," alejandro chuckles. "it's career day tomorrow night."

with that, the two of them part ways and skylar takes trinity home.

.