forty-seven.

I stood in front of a large window, my arms crossed as I stared at the rows of green trees and the neatly trimmed grass, the soft summer wind ripping through the gardens as I let out a small breath

I stood in front of a large window, my arms crossed as I stared at the rows of green trees and the neatly trimmed grass, the soft summer wind ripping through the gardens as I let out a small breath. I had been waiting all day for Steve to walk through the front doors of the compound and shoot one of his comforting smiles at me. Or at least a phone call from Tony to tell me that he had found them and he was taking both Bucky and Steve to talk to Ross to try and cut the pair of them a deal.

"Ma'am" someone said from behind me as I turned around to see a lady standing there, her hands clasped in front of her as she smiled at me softly. I knew that my expression was hard so I tried to squeeze out a small smile for her, but as much as I tried I probably just shot her a very angry scowl.

"Mr Stark has just returned" she said to me as I dropped my arms by my side, nodding my head at her as I started walking down the hall, going straight past her as she turned to watch me go. "Thank you for telling me" I shouted to her as I basically ran down the hall to the garage where he normally showed up, my sneakers squeaking on the clean floors as the noise bounced off the empty halls.

I pulled the door open, seeing Tony through the windows as he climbed out of his car, slamming the door closed as it drove down the drive by itself. There was a cut slicing straight through his eyebrow, a nasty gash on his lip with some matching bruises scattered all over his tired face, indicating that he had been in one hell of a fight.

And it wasn't hard to determine who with.

I stood in my spot, watching him as he came inside, the doors sliding open as he walked into the building, seeing me standing there as he dropped the duffel bag he was holding onto the floor, rubbing his face with his hand quickly. I stared at him, wondering why he looked like he had taken a few blows to the face, which was extra weird considering he normally wore a suit of strong metal to protect him.

"Did you find them?" I asked him as Tony looked over at me, clenching his jaw as I stared back at him, furrowing my eyebrows at his angry expression. "Did you know?" he asked me as I stared at him with a confused look on my face, completely clueless as to what he was asking me. "Know what?" I asked him as his nostrils flared, his eyes holding a mixture of pain and anger as he pointed towards the ground.

"That he killed my parents" Tony said to me as my mouth parted, all words disappearing from my brain as we stared back at each other. I didn't say anything as he scoffed, shaking his head as he bowed his head, turning away from me as I took a small step back. "Don't bullshit me, did you know?" he barked at me, looking back over at me as I swallowed a lump in my throat, nodding my head ever so slightly at his question.

"I completely forgot about it" I said to him as I furrowed my brow, not having thought about the tire slashes and bruised necks which came with the winter night in 1991. "It wasn't him, I was there, HYDRA had him under control" I said to Tony who clenched his fists on either side of him, shaking his head at me. "I've known you for what" he said, his voice raised slightly as he acted like he was thinking, scrunching his nose.

"Give or take 30 years" he said to me, holding his hands out on either side of him as I stood there in silence, slightly cowering under his anger. "You came to my birthday parties, I have saved your life on multiple accounts" he said to me, his eyes wide as I stared at him, not wanting to interrupt him as he shouted at me. "And you failed to tell me that the man who I have been trying to find for the past few weeks assassinated my parents" he shouted, taking in a deep breath, closing his eyes tightly as he brought his hand up in front of him before dropping it back down at his side.

"Tony" I said, my voice barely audible for him to hear as he snapped his head straight back up at me, silencing me in a single look as he shook his head. "He murdered my mom" he said, cutting me off from what I wanted to saw as he pointed at me, his back teeth clenched tightly as he stared at me in utter anger and disbelief.

"And you knew this whole time" he spat, reaching down and picking up his back, not saying anything to me as he walked around me through another door, leaving me all alone in my thoughts, a shaky breath escaping my mouth as I looked down at the floor, squeezing my eyes tightly as I replayed in my head what had just happened.

——

A/N: TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT I will be uploading everything I have left of Contritium and starting Book 6!!
this was a crazy chapter but don't be too sad just keep reading rn lolz
please vote and comment and i will see you soon and by soon I mean in like 5 seconds

A/N: TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT I will be uploading everything I have left of Contritium and starting Book 6!! this was a crazy chapter but don't be too sad just keep reading rn lolz please vote and comment and i will see you soon and by soon I mean in ...