Chapter 2 A Beautiful Place

I gaped upon a large pearl white house covered with windows bigger than me. I could see the reflection of the emerald green trees and the colorful flowers that bedded the forest floor.

The house was beautiful and had six bedrooms and four bathrooms with a huge kitchen containing an island and granite countertops. I felt my mouth dry up from gaping. I hurried up stairs as fast as I could without getting lost. The forest confused me as it followed me up.

The room I finally chose was rather large and had it's own bathroom. The movers had already had everything in the bedrooms. They did a sloppy job because we didn't want them to see the fairies or hear the scrims and get suspicious.

After I explored the house a bit and let it set in, I wandered outside. I stopped to feel the breeze weave through my chocolate hair and closed my eyes so I could only hear the leaves as they danced with each other in the grass and throughout the trees. Most of them were called Borik trees. They produced fresh, clean, and sweet honey in the center with the 'life rings', as I call them.

I took off when I heard the sound of water rushing. I knew it. A clear blue waterfall streamed through the forest. Scrims danced with each other as they hovered above the water. I also saw a dwarf elephant swimming with three others. They splashed playfully.

I let out a smile. I haven't felt so at home since I was here last. This is my true home, where I'm meant to stay and live a full life.

I'm supposed to sing a melody with the birds that has never been heard. I'm supposed to befriend every living creature here in my home. Not a single beautiful soul is human, and that's my favorite part because humans are aweful creatures.