Chapter 3 My Old Friend

I let out the joy and happiness. I couldnt help but wonder where my old friend was. I remember a friend I had when I lived here last. It was three years before my parents passed.

Ever seen Narnia? Well, my best friend was a half-goat like Mr. Tumnus. I guess those creatures are known for being friendly. He laughed and played with me everyday. I visited him in his home and I stayed the night with him a couple of times. We would lay out under the stars while he read me old mythical stories and legends with the stars. I would slowly drift asleep and wake up to tea and fruit. His name was Melvin and I was also friends with his son, Jamie.

Jamie and I were only a year apart. He was older. And he would be with me and Melvin when we went on picnics, swims, walks, and an occasional fly. Jamie couldnt fly often due to a disorder with his wings causing them to be fragile, they would slowly heal. But Jamie wasn't a normal half-goat. He was a mysterious crossbreed. A half-goat and a fairy. [Yes weird I know] he was beautiful. You couldn't see the goat. He had beautiful large black wings and he was very kind and caring. Jamie ate like a goat though. If it wouldn't kill him, he would eat it. He ate my jacket one day because he was hungry. He doesn't eat meat, but many fruits, vegetables, and nuts. Like a goat.

His unique breed was called a Brewnde.

I miss them so much. I haven't seen either of them since I was six years old and I still remember so much. Melvin was like my uncle and Jamie was my best friend and brother. We had small fights over who would get the best wood carving or who was the best flyer. Never violent though.