Chapter 10

****
I felt that I should tell Ember that Jamie isn't dead.

I woke up an got dressed. I put on my black yoga pants, a navy and white striped tank top, a thin Aeropostale jacket and I slid on my tan sperry's.

I walked outside and went to Melvin's old house. When I walked up, there wasn't a door, but the place had been well cleaned up.

The place was cleared of all the old and rotted furniture and the floor was redone. "Jamie?" I hollered. He peeked around the corner and called me back to the room.

"Hey. Wow..." I gazed at the freshly carved and nailed furniture. There's six chairs, a long and detailed dinner table, a couple side tables, couch frames, a bed frame, and he was working on something.

"Yeah, I thought I would fix up the place," he got back up and walked over to me. He gripped his hand around my hip and pulled me in as he kissed my forehead.

"So, I think we should tell Ember that you aren't dead," he joined me with a giggle. His dimples indented in his cheeks. His teeth were extremely straight and white. His smile was a heartbreaker.

"Hm... Okay, I guess she should know," he still let that one out flirtatiously.

He finished the door he was making by adding the polished paint and added the door knob.

"Babe, can you help me lift the door?" I nodded and grabbed the right side with one hand on the bottom. He did the same for the left side.

We lifted the door and set it in the hinges.

He grabbed a Lester jacket and closed the door.

We looped our arms and locked our hands as we walked out of the forest.
**

I fiddled with my keys, searching for the right one. My bedroom key, safe key, cellar key, car key, random key, random key, electric box key, house key.

I opened the door and Jamie followed me in.

"Ember?" I said, searching for her. I heard a voice reply telling me she was in the living room.

"Remember how I said that Jamie.. Well you know?" I pulled him closer to me by his arm and clenched his hand. "Ooh.. Who's this? You got a boyfriend!?" She teased. Funny thing is, I've never thought about our relationship. Yes we love each other, but we didn't give a label.

I ignored the question and smiled. I realized that she didn't hear what I said about Jamie.

"Ember, his name is Jamie," when I said his name she looked in her lap as she sat on the sofa.

She seemed to drown in sorrow.

"Oh, nice to meet you.... Jamie," I think her awkward smile shouldn't be there.

"Ember, I don't think you get it. It's me. I'm here." He straightened hi expression and let go of my hand and embraced her in a warming hug. She let tears free from her eyes in relief.

"So um, how long have you known he wasn't dead, Cas?" I laughed and rolled my eyes humorously.

She gave both of us a devious look. "So what's up with you two?" I looked at him and then at her and said what I could. "Um, we don't have a label, but..." I welcomed his grasp on my slim waist and moved with his pull.

"Ember, I-I love Cassandra," he informed her.
She smiled joyfully and oddly shooed us out of the house, she asked us why we were in here when we can be spending time outside.

We loved it out there.

I just realized we have been 'together' for about two weeks now.