2 | Call Two

❝Wait, what?❞

It was two days after the whole bead in the pizza fiasco when Fania received the first text

She had returned from work late in the evening, and after having dinner, she just wanted to hit her bed and curl herself in the blankets to sleep away all the tiredness from the hectic day. After taking a shower, brushing her teeth and changing into her Tweety pajamas, she made her way to her bed and slumped down with a satisfied sigh. Wrapping the comforter tightly around her body, she turned the air conditioner to twenty and put the remote on her bedside table.

She had just closed her eyes when her phone pinged with the familiar tone of a message being arrived and she let out an irritated groan.

If it's her secretary, she's going to kill him!

She grabbed the phone and squinted at the bright screen to see that it was an unknown number. Her eyebrows creased together in confusion. She checked the time and it read; 11:14.

What kind of idiot message someone this late?

She opened her Whatsapp and her features morphed into a frown. It was another one of the millions khota out there.

◼ ◼ ◼

fahad | fania

Hi

??
Who's this?

I don't know

Seriously?

Seriously

A nerve in Fania's temple twitched at the reply. She just wanted to sleep peacefully!

Where did you get this number?

It was on the floor

Right

Believe me

Suuurreee
Whatever
Don't msg again

Wait!
I wanna tell you something
It's kinda important

What?

Oh, I forgot
My bad
Maybe I'll remember it tomorrow
:)

Ha ha ha
You think you're so smart huh?

Nooooo
I'm actually the stupidest man alive