16 | Call Sixteen

❝Height tou achi hai tumhari❞

Fahad parked his car in front of the two story house and stared for a minute or two at it through his car's window

Fahad parked his car in front of the two story house and stared for a minute or two at it through his car's window. His breath got stuck in his throat when the reality of the situation dawned on him and he cursed out loud while smacking his hand on the horn, which resulted in him getting scared out of his mind due to the loud noise against the calm of the neighborhood.

He had talked with his mom yesterday night after receiving the text from Fania that she was going to meet that man on Thursday. He had lost his brain cells right then and there, but quickly collected himself and typed back the messages. Fahad didn't care that his parents had gone to sleep and ran to their room before knocking on the door like a murderer was after him. His mother had rewarded him with some slaps on the head after she had realized that it was not some life threatening situation but he ignored it, and blurted out his feelings for Fania to her.

Nadia had listened to her son's confession with a poker face, but inside she was doing bhangra.

Oh how long she has waited for her stupid son to get married.

Fahad was their only child, and whenever she tried to talk about his marriage, he would divert the topic to something else with his final statement being; Let me enjoy my life alone, I'm not comfortable with sharing it with someone else.

And look at him now.

Nadia wanted to squeal like a thirteen year old and throw confetti everywhere, but the thoughts screeched to a halt when Fahad told her that his supposed lover was going to meet her potential husband the day after tomorrow.

What the actual pakoray?

“What?!” she couldn't hold the scream this time and rattled her son's shoulders like she had gone nuts. “So you're telling me that bandar is going to steal my bahu away?”

Fahad barely managed to escape out of her hold and stared at her with wide eyes.

“You have not even seen that person and yet you're calling him a bandar?” he had asked in disbelief, to which Nadia cackled like a witch, scaring her son out of his mind.

“If he's trying to steal my son's lover, then yes, I'd call him a bandar.

Fahad didn't know if he should hug her or slip back to his room after seeing the evil look on her face. He shook it off and asked her what to do and she scoffed in a manner which said that she couldn't believe her son was even asking such an obvious question.

“Go to her house and ask for her hand in marriage, you fool! Meri tarbiyat ka mazak tou na banwao.” (Don't degrade my upbringing.)

So, Fahad called his employee Taimoor and asked for Fania's address as they always deliver the pizzas there. And now he was parked right in front of her house. He knew that she'd be at work this time so he took a short leave from his own work and practically raced here. He inhaled a deep breath and held it in while getting out of the car. His face was turning blue from not getting oxygen in the lungs but he exhaled it after he was standing right in front of her house's gate.