𝔣𝔦𝔳𝔢

It didn't take long for the atmosphere to go dark

It didn't take long for the atmosphere to go dark. For the blue sky to turn a gloomy, grey hue. For the air to chill and make one shiver. For the trees to tower over with their twisted, black branches. A layer of fog stretched over the dirt and dead leaves, making anything beyond 20 feet almost impossible to see. Everything was quiet, too quiet for comfort.

Corrine swallowed the nervous lump in her throat. "I've never been this deep into the woods," she croaked to Eros, who was riding next to her.

"This has to have been where she lurked when she made her threats to all the kingdoms," Eros inhaled. "I've never seen a place this dark and...wicked."

"My father told me that she was too weak to stay here. The power of good was too strong so she retrieved to her island to prepare and strengthen herself even more," Corrine explained.

"So we have to cross the Black Sea?" Aurelia asked, her voice rattling with anxiety.

"I'm afraid so," Eros mumbled.

"Are you afraid of the water, Aura?" Kai asked.

"A little," she squeaked back.

Kai smiled sweetly at her. "It's okay, it shouldn't be too bad."

"Why do you say that?" Eros scoffed. "Cause Granddaddy runs the sea?"

"Aw, is pretty boy jealous because the great and mighty Olympians didn't get what they wanted one time?" Kai shot back.

"Would you two cool it," Andrea spat. "Nobody gives a damn about who you are or who's family pissed of who. I, for one, only care about how you're going to help us so buck up...both of you."

"Ooo somebody's in trouble," Bai snickered.

"Shut up, Bee," Kai laughed.

Bai raised an eyebrow. "Bee?"

"Our names rhyming is gonna be tough so from now on, to me, you're Bee."

"Haha, that rhymed too, but I like it," Bai smirked.

"Okay, so what is supposedly ahead?" Nizhoni asked.

"Can't be anything good," Axel said as he smacked away a tree branch.