𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶-𝔬𝔫𝔢

It couldn't be

It couldn't be.

It was impossible.

How could the prophecy be wrong?

Everything that happened to them, everything they had been through...had been for nothing. They had finally found her but even she wasn't their final challenge. The suffocating weight of the world had finally been lifted from their shoulders, but not even long enough for them to catch a sufficient breath, before it came crashing down upon them, dragging them into the depths of the poisoned earth. Feelings of hopelessness, uselessness drowned their minds until they felt nothing but failure and desperation. If the prophecy was wrong about Morana, it could be wrong about them too. Maybe they weren't meant to do this and this drawn out war would fall to darkness, bringing them and their kingdoms down with it.

Eros's hand fell to his side and stumbled back slightly at Morana's words, his eyes staring at her with disbelief. "How can a prophecy be wrong?"

"This is a trick!" Andrea spat as she drew an arrow from her quiver and knocked it into her bow. "Why should we believe her?"

"Andrea, she took her amulet off," Kai defended as he pulled Andrea's bow down. "She's telling the truth."

"It may be the truth," Corrine said weakly, wincing at the burns that covered her body. "But she's got a lot of explaining to do."

Morana began to reach for her amulet, causing Andrea to immediately pick up her bow again. "What do you think you're doing?!"

Morana raised her hands into the air to show that she meant no harm. "Please, let me show you that you can trust me."

Morana gently placed the necklace over her neck and raised her hand towards Corrine. Inches away from her hand, a white ring of light formed. She focused her eyes on what lied before her and slowly began to twist her hand to the left. Corrine's patches of charred skin began to glow the same white light. Morana continued to turn her hand, and when she stopped, the light faded away. Pain left Corrine's body and her eyes found no trace of the burns when she scanned every inch of her arm and leg.

A faint smile curled over her face. "You have healing abilities?"

Morana's lips pursed into a smile as she shook her head. "No, time manipulation. I have mastered it so that I can not only reverse time but occurrences and their consequences."

Bai's brows came together. "So what I'm hearing is that you could've reversed all of this but decided not to for some bizarre reason?"

Morana's lips turned downward. "The Righteous One is too powerful. Even someone with my experience isn't strong enough to overpower his magic, but I can help you."

She held her hand up again, the white ring forming again and pointing at the whole group this time. She twisted her wrist again, causing the various wounds of the group to glow brightly and once the light left again, they could see they too had been healed.